pike spots at devils lake...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
k, heading up there this weekend, and after reading the thread on the w tourney, i gave up already... if these guys can't boat decent fish, i never will...

so, gonna go after pike this weekend instead... will be staying by 6 mile and usually fish between creel bay and pelican... would like to find some big pike and have some fun...

any spots or things to try would be appreciated... been watching de-boning vids and am anxious to try...

thanks...

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anywhere in that lake. Cast a crank and reel boom got a pike. Might get lucky and actually catch a walleye too

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much any place with shallower water will be good for pike in DL. Cast cranks.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
My experience is through out your most expensive lure. They will come beat the crap out of it and more than likely take it too.

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ironically all I could catch were walleye this year. Even when I was looking for pike. I probably boated three walleye for every pike. Your best bet would probably be just trolling for eyes or casting cranks shallow. Most of the pike I landed this summer in a half dozen trips were on the small side though. Not sure if the bigger ones would be moving back shallow yet or not.

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
k, heading up there this weekend, and after reading the thread on the w tourney, i gave up already... if these guys can't boat decent fish, i never will...

so, gonna go after pike this weekend instead... will be staying by 6 mile and usually fish between creel bay and pelican... would like to find some big pike and have some fun...

any spots or things to try would be appreciated... been watching de-boning vids and am anxious to try...

thanks...

I wouldn't give up on walleye, there were many 5 fish limits brought in, and many guys that won't keep the eater sized fish because they know it won't win them anything. There have been plenty of walleye being caught.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going up there this weekend too. Am going to fish for pike one of the days. The biggest ones we've caught were on smelt and big frozen suckers close to the bottom. Cranks will catch you more numbers, though. Seems anything with orange on it is good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76