What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Portable ice shack question
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="snow1" data-source="post: 335977" data-attributes="member: 7725"><p>Been fishing outof "fish traps" since the early 90's,one man at first then upgraded to the two man even tho I fish solo 90% of the time,I like the extra room,the first two man I wore holes in the sled over time pulling it across the ice,wasn't smart enough to add runner's under neath the sled,the second two man trap was larger,heavier,almost a pain in the ass for one guy,loading it in the truck,finally sold it last year,today been eye balling the new clam thermal 1.5 man clam,plenty of room for my big ass and fishing gear,perfect if you like traveling lite,small heater,1lb propane cylinder,camper lantern (small) makes mobil ice fishing a breeze.</p><p></p><p>I can see the advantage to ppl using hubs to camp out on a spot BUT if that spot is void of fish why bother? with our electronic technology today,winter trolling is almost as good as open water trolling,gotta find the fish then have at it,sitting and waiting,hoping for the best....meh.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="snow1, post: 335977, member: 7725"] Been fishing outof "fish traps" since the early 90's,one man at first then upgraded to the two man even tho I fish solo 90% of the time,I like the extra room,the first two man I wore holes in the sled over time pulling it across the ice,wasn't smart enough to add runner's under neath the sled,the second two man trap was larger,heavier,almost a pain in the ass for one guy,loading it in the truck,finally sold it last year,today been eye balling the new clam thermal 1.5 man clam,plenty of room for my big ass and fishing gear,perfect if you like traveling lite,small heater,1lb propane cylinder,camper lantern (small) makes mobil ice fishing a breeze. I can see the advantage to ppl using hubs to camp out on a spot BUT if that spot is void of fish why bother? with our electronic technology today,winter trolling is almost as good as open water trolling,gotta find the fish then have at it,sitting and waiting,hoping for the best....meh. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
30 minutes ago
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Today at 4:45 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 4:23 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 3:36 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
T
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: Traxion
Today at 1:40 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Portable ice shack question
Top
Bottom