Possible charges in squirrel's death

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll take the unpopular approach. I agree with NDSportsman. Don't be a dumbass. There are so many animal (squirrel, blackbird, butterfly) lovers around, why would you take the chance to antagonize them (and bring the law down on yourself)?

If you must get rid of a squirrel, trap the darn thing, then whack it in the garage. More fun to shoot? Yes, but it's not a good idea.

The BB gun laws in town are here because, like Dean said, dumbasses shooting out windows.

Do we need to give them (the other side) more reason to create more laws? Can't we just "know better" and not be dumbasses?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My father would trap them, then place the trap in a 5 gallon bucket of water and drown them.
Seems a deadly “missile” might be a swifter, less time consuming extermination process.
Eitherway its a GD varmint, and a neat story

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotta love urban hunters. I've always thought mossy oak should offer an urban hunters house siding camo print line.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My father would trap them, then place the trap in a 5 gallon bucket of water and drown them.
Seems a deadly “missile” might be a swifter, less time consuming extermination process.
Eitherway its a GD varmint, and a neat story

My dad trapped them too. the joke was, he'd then drive them off to the woods, and let them go, and they'd beat him home. So he started spray painting their tails bright orange.

Turns out he never saw an orange tailed one again, but if you ever saw a neon-orange tailed squirrel down around Fox Island, I can explain it.

Last edited:

Jdubya

Established Member
Maybe offer a limited draw for primitive weapons, gratis tags/weighted lottery. Game and Fish will have to do some studies on populations for awhile to determine tag numbers, but I’m all for it if I can draw after a few years of applying.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 157
  • This month: 152
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56