What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Boat Talk
Prop Help
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Velva_zv21" data-source="post: 257839" data-attributes="member: 5600"><p>On my zv18 with the 200 I couldn't get the prop to blow out at full trim, until I raised the jack plate 1". Then the prop would blow out at trim level 4.... which is about perfect cause then you have some trim to play with either direction up or down depending on your changing variables like fishing by yourself vs 5 people in the boat. Do you have the smart gauge that tells you what number your trimmed at any given time? I think you should have plenty of power to turn a 20 pitch however I tried a 21p tempest plus and had the same rpm results as you with my 200 verado, hit a good wave and it rev'd up to 5800 and I couldn't turn any higher R's than that and I went back to my 18p enertia, I suppose I coulda played with the jack plate and the tempest but I was lazy. Do the 250s come stock with that prop ? It was your first time out was ther good chop on the lake to get your boat to float on the chop? Like 2 fters? Since it was the first time i'd give it another go with different conditions, might be too much prop or not unleashed from break in mode, or try raising the jack plate an inch, even my 21 seems like the jack plate likes about 1.5" on the jack from what I've seen so far</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Velva_zv21, post: 257839, member: 5600"] On my zv18 with the 200 I couldn't get the prop to blow out at full trim, until I raised the jack plate 1". Then the prop would blow out at trim level 4.... which is about perfect cause then you have some trim to play with either direction up or down depending on your changing variables like fishing by yourself vs 5 people in the boat. Do you have the smart gauge that tells you what number your trimmed at any given time? I think you should have plenty of power to turn a 20 pitch however I tried a 21p tempest plus and had the same rpm results as you with my 200 verado, hit a good wave and it rev'd up to 5800 and I couldn't turn any higher R's than that and I went back to my 18p enertia, I suppose I coulda played with the jack plate and the tempest but I was lazy. Do the 250s come stock with that prop ? It was your first time out was ther good chop on the lake to get your boat to float on the chop? Like 2 fters? Since it was the first time i'd give it another go with different conditions, might be too much prop or not unleashed from break in mode, or try raising the jack plate an inch, even my 21 seems like the jack plate likes about 1.5" on the jack from what I've seen so far [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
19 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Boat Talk
Prop Help
Top
Bottom