What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Boat Talk
Propping a F70 - 17 foot tiller
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="The_owl" data-source="post: 344268" data-attributes="member: 5672"><p><span style="color: #000000"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">I recently purchased a used aluminum tiller boat with a yammie F70. The boat is a G3 Angler V172.</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="color: #000000"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">The prop on it is in need of repair and/or replacement. I plan on using it primarily on Lake Sakakwea so I’m leaning towards a SS prop with an alloy prop for a back up.</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="color: #000000"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">The prop on it now is a 12 pitch with a 13.875 diameter prop. Previous owner states that he got 28 mph top end with excellent hole shot. I have no idea where he was at in terms of RPM’s.</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="color: #000000"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">I have a couple of spare props in my garage and I’m wondering if either would work on this boat; both are Solas 15 pitch SS in 14.5 diameter. One is a three blade and the other a 4 blade prop. Does anyone have an educated guess on if either of these props could perform on this boat? Or is the diameter too big to even try?</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="color: #000000"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">If I have to buy a prop or two, I’d prefer to run Mercury props as the dealer that’s closest for me sells them, also I’ve good luck with them in the past.</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="color: #000000"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Does anyone have any advise?</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p><span style="color: #000000"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Thanks</span></span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="The_owl, post: 344268, member: 5672"] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]I recently purchased a used aluminum tiller boat with a yammie F70. The boat is a G3 Angler V172.[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]The prop on it is in need of repair and/or replacement. I plan on using it primarily on Lake Sakakwea so I’m leaning towards a SS prop with an alloy prop for a back up.[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]The prop on it now is a 12 pitch with a 13.875 diameter prop. Previous owner states that he got 28 mph top end with excellent hole shot. I have no idea where he was at in terms of RPM’s.[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]I have a couple of spare props in my garage and I’m wondering if either would work on this boat; both are Solas 15 pitch SS in 14.5 diameter. One is a three blade and the other a 4 blade prop. Does anyone have an educated guess on if either of these props could perform on this boat? Or is the diameter too big to even try?[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]If I have to buy a prop or two, I’d prefer to run Mercury props as the dealer that’s closest for me sells them, also I’ve good luck with them in the past.[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Does anyone have any advise?[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Thanks[/FONT][/COLOR] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
9 minutes ago
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
47 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
54 minutes ago
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Today at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Boat Talk
Propping a F70 - 17 foot tiller
Top
Bottom