What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Rapala Rattle Reels- thoughts?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Deke" data-source="post: 332303" data-attributes="member: 4920"><p>Mind you I’ve never had the catch cover rattlesnake on my own house but have heard complaints. Of course I’ve had guys tell me they love them too which is great. A while back I was interested in the rattlesnake but gradually moved away from them based on guys I talked with. </p><p></p><p>Some of the complaints was line getting stuck between the reel and the holder, that it’s not sensitive enough for really finicky fish, being difficult to leave a bobber on the reel, the spool not turning smoothly or effortlessly, and it not being very loud for heavy sleepers. </p><p></p><p>The Rapala also is compatible with suffix spools so the spool of line can be placed directly into the rattle reel which I thought was at least interesting. I thought the reel seemed smooth, there’s a built in hook holder, and I liked the design overall. Obviously I don’t have any idea if they’re effective at all.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Deke, post: 332303, member: 4920"] Mind you I’ve never had the catch cover rattlesnake on my own house but have heard complaints. Of course I’ve had guys tell me they love them too which is great. A while back I was interested in the rattlesnake but gradually moved away from them based on guys I talked with. Some of the complaints was line getting stuck between the reel and the holder, that it’s not sensitive enough for really finicky fish, being difficult to leave a bobber on the reel, the spool not turning smoothly or effortlessly, and it not being very loud for heavy sleepers. The Rapala also is compatible with suffix spools so the spool of line can be placed directly into the rattle reel which I thought was at least interesting. I thought the reel seemed smooth, there’s a built in hook holder, and I liked the design overall. Obviously I don’t have any idea if they’re effective at all. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
4 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: 3Roosters
8 minutes ago
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
51 minutes ago
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
T
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: Traxion
Today at 1:40 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
O
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: OL Deadeye
Yesterday at 8:46 AM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Rapala Rattle Reels- thoughts?
Top
Bottom