What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
RAPALA Rip Raps (and other like style lures)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="The_owl" data-source="post: 188731" data-attributes="member: 5672"><p>Is anyone having any luck with these lures while chasing walleyes?</p><p></p><p>I bought quite a number of these dang things when they were on sale - Rapalas, Bagleys, I think even some other brand. They claim to be lipless cranks but I have no idea of knowing how deep they go and how much line to put out. They also claim to be great jigging lures. I see YOUTUBE videos of pros using them jigging and pulling up 15 fish in a 12 min video (joking) but just haven't had one iota of luck.</p><p></p><p>Just curious if anyone is using them with any success? How deep? What kinds of conditions, ect?</p><p></p><p>I will admit I run FIRELINE Metered braid on my reels (which i LOVE, BTW) and used a 6' flouracarbon leader - maybe not the most ideal setup??</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="The_owl, post: 188731, member: 5672"] Is anyone having any luck with these lures while chasing walleyes? I bought quite a number of these dang things when they were on sale - Rapalas, Bagleys, I think even some other brand. They claim to be lipless cranks but I have no idea of knowing how deep they go and how much line to put out. They also claim to be great jigging lures. I see YOUTUBE videos of pros using them jigging and pulling up 15 fish in a 12 min video (joking) but just haven't had one iota of luck. Just curious if anyone is using them with any success? How deep? What kinds of conditions, ect? I will admit I run FIRELINE Metered braid on my reels (which i LOVE, BTW) and used a 6' flouracarbon leader - maybe not the most ideal setup?? [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
15 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
RAPALA Rip Raps (and other like style lures)
Top
Bottom