What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
Recipes
Raspberry wood for smoking
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Davy Crockett" data-source="post: 372012" data-attributes="member: 367"><p>Have any of you smoked with Raspberry wood ? Iv'e tried quite a few types of wood but never really found a flavor that I fell in love with even in small quantities. This morning I was pruning the berries while waiting for the smoker to warm up and wondered if it would work for smoke ? I put a few chunks in and it smelled ok so I stoked her up good with a mixture of dry and green and it smelled great so I threw the ribs in and stoked her up more time a couple hours later. </p><p></p><p> I didn't tell wife what I was trying until after the fact but she thinks they are awesome. More of a mellow smoke and almost sweet smelling , It didn't stink up he house when I brought them in. I'd probably put more in next time , I didn't want to get carried away and have a failure. It's worth a try if your taste buds crave new things.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Davy Crockett, post: 372012, member: 367"] Have any of you smoked with Raspberry wood ? Iv'e tried quite a few types of wood but never really found a flavor that I fell in love with even in small quantities. This morning I was pruning the berries while waiting for the smoker to warm up and wondered if it would work for smoke ? I put a few chunks in and it smelled ok so I stoked her up good with a mixture of dry and green and it smelled great so I threw the ribs in and stoked her up more time a couple hours later. I didn't tell wife what I was trying until after the fact but she thinks they are awesome. More of a mellow smoke and almost sweet smelling , It didn't stink up he house when I brought them in. I'd probably put more in next time , I didn't want to get carried away and have a failure. It's worth a try if your taste buds crave new things. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
Recipes
Raspberry wood for smoking
Top
Bottom