What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Saddle Hunting Newb
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Duckslayer100" data-source="post: 494850" data-attributes="member: 1485"><p>Ugh. I hate to even bring this up. I feel like saddle hunting is the e-scooter of the archery woods. Just makes me go yuck.</p><p></p><p>Yes, I'm a grumpy old man at 42. Bite me. </p><p></p><p>BUT -- I like the idea of getting in and out of the woods without dragging extra gear and/or having to leave stuff behind that may be tampered with. </p><p></p><p>Case in point: I'm in the city herd management hunt again this year and will likely get in a zone with a lot more public foot traffic. I've had no issue leaving my stand and a couple high up climbing sticks behind (I aways take the lower one with me to keep honest people honest), but I just have a weird feeling this go-around.</p><p></p><p>I took a stroll through Scheels and jumpin' Jehoshaphat -- you could buy a couple decent, standard hanging stands for what you can get rigged up with for saddle hunting. Do you really need all that stuff? All the extra ropes and clips and whatnot? It's a bit overwhelming. </p><p></p><p>I do have a lineman's rope and three climbing sticks that'll put me about 10' up a tree. Can I just get the saddle and call it good?</p><p></p><p>Any saddle hunters out there want to chime in with your experience, good bad or otherwise, I'm all ears.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Duckslayer100, post: 494850, member: 1485"] Ugh. I hate to even bring this up. I feel like saddle hunting is the e-scooter of the archery woods. Just makes me go yuck. Yes, I'm a grumpy old man at 42. Bite me. BUT -- I like the idea of getting in and out of the woods without dragging extra gear and/or having to leave stuff behind that may be tampered with. Case in point: I'm in the city herd management hunt again this year and will likely get in a zone with a lot more public foot traffic. I've had no issue leaving my stand and a couple high up climbing sticks behind (I aways take the lower one with me to keep honest people honest), but I just have a weird feeling this go-around. I took a stroll through Scheels and jumpin' Jehoshaphat -- you could buy a couple decent, standard hanging stands for what you can get rigged up with for saddle hunting. Do you really need all that stuff? All the extra ropes and clips and whatnot? It's a bit overwhelming. I do have a lineman's rope and three climbing sticks that'll put me about 10' up a tree. Can I just get the saddle and call it good? Any saddle hunters out there want to chime in with your experience, good bad or otherwise, I'm all ears. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
59 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Saddle Hunting Newb
Top
Bottom