What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Dirty" data-source="post: 258097" data-attributes="member: 6535"><p>You guys need to remember that most landowners are good people who don't hate hunters. Don't shape your opinion of them based on the proponents of this bill.</p><p></p><p>Regardless of whether this passes, the landowners who used to allow you to retrieve your game still will. The landowners who used to allow folks to access their property in any way, shape, or form still will. Asking permission is not a bad thing, regardless of what happens with this bill. Is it necessary on unposted land currently? NO. Is it a good way to build a relationship with landowners for the future? YES. </p><p></p><p>I'm going to come out and say that those of you who don't ever knock on doors for posted land access, or even unposted land access, are shooting yourselves in the foot. If you are worried about the future of your kids or grand kids, start securing opportunities for them now instead of just throwing in the towel for them because you don't want to inconvenience yourself. </p><p></p><p>This is an estimate, but Im going to say 99% of landowners I talk to strictly for the purpose of accessing their land are polite and pleasant regardless of the outcome. As long as you act the same regardless of the outcome, you and your kids will be fine for many years to come.</p><p>The big ag folks who are pushing for this bill aren't going to own all the land by tomorrow, so no need to come up with every excuse you can today.</p><p></p><p>FYI - just this year I got access to hunt turkeys on three huge sections of land that I never had hunted before. I had never talked to the folks before this spring. Apparently, no one had taken the time to talk to them either.</p><p></p><p>PS - I'm not saying we shouldn't oppose this bill. I'm just saying if and when this change takes place the world will not end, and there is no harm preparing for that day before it comes.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Dirty, post: 258097, member: 6535"] You guys need to remember that most landowners are good people who don't hate hunters. Don't shape your opinion of them based on the proponents of this bill. Regardless of whether this passes, the landowners who used to allow you to retrieve your game still will. The landowners who used to allow folks to access their property in any way, shape, or form still will. Asking permission is not a bad thing, regardless of what happens with this bill. Is it necessary on unposted land currently? NO. Is it a good way to build a relationship with landowners for the future? YES. I'm going to come out and say that those of you who don't ever knock on doors for posted land access, or even unposted land access, are shooting yourselves in the foot. If you are worried about the future of your kids or grand kids, start securing opportunities for them now instead of just throwing in the towel for them because you don't want to inconvenience yourself. This is an estimate, but Im going to say 99% of landowners I talk to strictly for the purpose of accessing their land are polite and pleasant regardless of the outcome. As long as you act the same regardless of the outcome, you and your kids will be fine for many years to come. The big ag folks who are pushing for this bill aren't going to own all the land by tomorrow, so no need to come up with every excuse you can today. FYI - just this year I got access to hunt turkeys on three huge sections of land that I never had hunted before. I had never talked to the folks before this spring. Apparently, no one had taken the time to talk to them either. PS - I'm not saying we shouldn't oppose this bill. I'm just saying if and when this change takes place the world will not end, and there is no harm preparing for that day before it comes. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
M
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: measure-it
3 minutes ago
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
42 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:11 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:08 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:06 AM
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!
Top
Bottom