What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Shore Fishing
Shore Fishing - Camper Gear
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="JayKay" data-source="post: 302680" data-attributes="member: 324"><p>I suppose it depends upon where you like to fish, and what time of day.</p><p></p><p>I don't have a boat (hangs head in shame) but love to fish. I spend most of my time on the Missouri River in the Bismarck area, and the Garrison Dam tailrace. I too have a "new" 5th wheel camper. Am going to the tailrace this Wednesday for two nights. If I fish, I'll bring my standard kit.</p><p></p><p>I mostly fish nights though.</p><p></p><p>Gotta have a headlight, plenty of shallow cranks (various colors, husky jerks, original floaters, shallow shad-raps, shadow rap shaps - shallow), and jigs and plastics. I avoid messing with live bait, because well, it dies. </p><p></p><p>I use 6.5' spinning gear with 8 or 10 lb Power Pro. I carry about 24 cranks in a Simms sling-type pack. Need bugspray, and I usually bring a jacket, as it gets colder than one would think, by the water, after dark. </p><p></p><p>If I had to pick one color plastic, it'd be white/silver. If I had to pick four color cranks, they'd be: chartreuse/silver, black/silver, blue/silver, and firetiger or hot steel (pretty nearly interchangeable in my opinion).</p><p></p><p>If I had to pick one style of crank, it's going to be a #11 original floater by Rapala.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="JayKay, post: 302680, member: 324"] I suppose it depends upon where you like to fish, and what time of day. I don't have a boat (hangs head in shame) but love to fish. I spend most of my time on the Missouri River in the Bismarck area, and the Garrison Dam tailrace. I too have a "new" 5th wheel camper. Am going to the tailrace this Wednesday for two nights. If I fish, I'll bring my standard kit. I mostly fish nights though. Gotta have a headlight, plenty of shallow cranks (various colors, husky jerks, original floaters, shallow shad-raps, shadow rap shaps - shallow), and jigs and plastics. I avoid messing with live bait, because well, it dies. I use 6.5' spinning gear with 8 or 10 lb Power Pro. I carry about 24 cranks in a Simms sling-type pack. Need bugspray, and I usually bring a jacket, as it gets colder than one would think, by the water, after dark. If I had to pick one color plastic, it'd be white/silver. If I had to pick four color cranks, they'd be: chartreuse/silver, black/silver, blue/silver, and firetiger or hot steel (pretty nearly interchangeable in my opinion). If I had to pick one style of crank, it's going to be a #11 original floater by Rapala. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
27 minutes ago
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
41 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Rowdie
51 minutes ago
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Shore Fishing
Shore Fishing - Camper Gear
Top
Bottom