What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Electronics
Strictly Sonar: Lowrance/Bird/Garmin
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="SLE" data-source="post: 259189" data-attributes="member: 3889"><p>Well, as a life long Lowrance user, I completely made the switch on the new boat to birds. I have a ton of learning to do still and have only gotten to use the Helix 10 SI G2N that was factory rigged on the dash. The new G3N's that were recently rigged have only been fired up in the garage. Using the G2N last fall a little, I did like the interface with the Ulterra, and once i got the 2d dialed in, I liked it every bit as much as my previous HDS units. Time will tell soon enough how the DI and SI compare when I get out in the next few weeks and start using them. The ability to adjust the contours based on actual water level is really nice. Haven't done any plotting yet but kind of plan on doing a little island mapping on the first outing when I'm breaking in the new 15 EFI pro-kicker. For reference, the old rig had a gen 1 HDS 8, a gen 2 HDS 8, and a Gen 2 HDS 10 all networked with SI/DI; so this is kind of a paradigm shift! </p><p></p><p>AaronJ, that's exactly how I'm rigged on the new Yar, two Helix 10 G3N's on the Dash and one Helix 10 G2N at the bow.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="SLE, post: 259189, member: 3889"] Well, as a life long Lowrance user, I completely made the switch on the new boat to birds. I have a ton of learning to do still and have only gotten to use the Helix 10 SI G2N that was factory rigged on the dash. The new G3N's that were recently rigged have only been fired up in the garage. Using the G2N last fall a little, I did like the interface with the Ulterra, and once i got the 2d dialed in, I liked it every bit as much as my previous HDS units. Time will tell soon enough how the DI and SI compare when I get out in the next few weeks and start using them. The ability to adjust the contours based on actual water level is really nice. Haven't done any plotting yet but kind of plan on doing a little island mapping on the first outing when I'm breaking in the new 15 EFI pro-kicker. For reference, the old rig had a gen 1 HDS 8, a gen 2 HDS 8, and a Gen 2 HDS 10 all networked with SI/DI; so this is kind of a paradigm shift! AaronJ, that's exactly how I'm rigged on the new Yar, two Helix 10 G3N's on the Dash and one Helix 10 G2N at the bow. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Electronics
Strictly Sonar: Lowrance/Bird/Garmin
Top
Bottom