What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Sub MOA for $199??
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="BBQBluesMan" data-source="post: 191360" data-attributes="member: 1007"><p>I picked up a TC Compass in 300 win mag. I wanted a larger caliber that I can use for elk (hopefully in the near future) and use for deer as well if needed. So far I am pleasantly surprised with the gun. I cleaned and oiled it up and took it to the range yesterday. First shots I didn't even hit the target at 100 yards. The scope that came with the gun was off... A lot.</p><p></p><p> Moved target to 25 yards and found out I was way to the right and a bit low, but group was really tight. Dialed er left and up and took target back out to hundred yards. Still was shooting a bit right, but was a couple inches high at 100, which is right were I want it. Dialed a little more to the left and she is dead on now! Tight groups. Wasn't able to go out past 100, hope to do that soon.</p><p></p><p> Overall seems like a great gun for the price. I will say the stock is nothing special, so will upgrade eventually. Thought she would kick like a mule, but didn't think it was bad at all. Of course had some layers on though as it was a bit nipply out there yesterday.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="BBQBluesMan, post: 191360, member: 1007"] I picked up a TC Compass in 300 win mag. I wanted a larger caliber that I can use for elk (hopefully in the near future) and use for deer as well if needed. So far I am pleasantly surprised with the gun. I cleaned and oiled it up and took it to the range yesterday. First shots I didn't even hit the target at 100 yards. The scope that came with the gun was off... A lot. Moved target to 25 yards and found out I was way to the right and a bit low, but group was really tight. Dialed er left and up and took target back out to hundred yards. Still was shooting a bit right, but was a couple inches high at 100, which is right were I want it. Dialed a little more to the left and she is dead on now! Tight groups. Wasn't able to go out past 100, hope to do that soon. Overall seems like a great gun for the price. I will say the stock is nothing special, so will upgrade eventually. Thought she would kick like a mule, but didn't think it was bad at all. Of course had some layers on though as it was a bit nipply out there yesterday. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
W
Lotsa bots
Latest: westwolfone
18 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Jiffy
31 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Sub MOA for $199??
Top
Bottom