What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Technology in the outdoors- where is the line?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Captain Ahab" data-source="post: 313401" data-attributes="member: 366"><p>I was just discussing this with a guy. I enjoy using electronics. It's been a lot of fun since I bought my first Vexilar and Lowrance HDS Gen 1 unit. That said, things are starting to get a little ridiculous. I see Garmin filed another patent that appears to be heading toward a Live 3D unit. The live imaging/sonar units help A LOT when it comes to schooling panfish. They help a descent amount walleye fishing by looking for structure/bottom change. Telling the difference in fish size and shape is helpful as well. That said, they are only as good of a tool as the operator and his or her ambition/knowledge and how the fish are cooperating. Sometimes it's just more frustrating watching the fish not cooperate. Some folks could own it and still not catch a cold and others can make the thing look like a total cheat tool. Lots of variables. I'm not sure when it will get where it's too much. I think we will know when we get there. </p><p></p><p>Maybe we will see tournaments/contests where people go back to the basics. Hand them a flasher and a lake map and say "here ya g, figure it out like a real man". Who knows...</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Captain Ahab, post: 313401, member: 366"] I was just discussing this with a guy. I enjoy using electronics. It's been a lot of fun since I bought my first Vexilar and Lowrance HDS Gen 1 unit. That said, things are starting to get a little ridiculous. I see Garmin filed another patent that appears to be heading toward a Live 3D unit. The live imaging/sonar units help A LOT when it comes to schooling panfish. They help a descent amount walleye fishing by looking for structure/bottom change. Telling the difference in fish size and shape is helpful as well. That said, they are only as good of a tool as the operator and his or her ambition/knowledge and how the fish are cooperating. Sometimes it's just more frustrating watching the fish not cooperate. Some folks could own it and still not catch a cold and others can make the thing look like a total cheat tool. Lots of variables. I'm not sure when it will get where it's too much. I think we will know when we get there. Maybe we will see tournaments/contests where people go back to the basics. Hand them a flasher and a lake map and say "here ya g, figure it out like a real man". Who knows... [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Technology in the outdoors- where is the line?
Top
Bottom