What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
The "NEW" SB 2315 - Pucker Up Buttercup!
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Retired Educator" data-source="post: 248205" data-attributes="member: 3373"><p>Can't say I can guarantee I have read every post on this issue but a couple problems I see with the data base are:</p><p></p><p>1. Why does our G&F have to fund this database system. There is no evidence that this posting is for hunters only. Many of the problems have not been proven to be hunter related. (DAPL comes to mind)</p><p>2. If hunters are expected to be able to use this data plan while out hunting, do we have phone service all over the state? I don't. I lose coverage all over the state. While hunting last fall when the deer season had some colder than average temperatures, my phone was quickly losing it's charge while out walking. Phone batteries and cold weather don't mix well.</p><p>3. When will this law take affect if passed? And if passed, when will the data base be available?</p><p></p><p>Guarantee this data base will not work as well as everyone thinks, especially at first.</p><p></p><p>I am also a landowner and see no benefit to posting my cell phone # on said data base. My home phone is listed but not my cell and have no intention of providing that information and it is certainly the best way to get ahold of me.</p><p></p><p>I have no problem asking for permission to hunt. What I find in ND is the difficulty of determining who to ask. MT has the Block Management where most of it is sign in at a box somewhere along the perimeter. Clearly marked and easy and lots of it in parts of the state. We have PLOTS, similar but different. As I understand the Block Management (There are two types of BM, some you just sign in, some you have to have permission as the number of hunters /day is limited) the landowner is paid based on the number of hunters using the land. The better the hunting, the more the landowner is paid. Have had really good antelope hunting using BM in MT. Someone please correct me if I'm clearly off-base on my understanding of BM.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Retired Educator, post: 248205, member: 3373"] Can't say I can guarantee I have read every post on this issue but a couple problems I see with the data base are: 1. Why does our G&F have to fund this database system. There is no evidence that this posting is for hunters only. Many of the problems have not been proven to be hunter related. (DAPL comes to mind) 2. If hunters are expected to be able to use this data plan while out hunting, do we have phone service all over the state? I don't. I lose coverage all over the state. While hunting last fall when the deer season had some colder than average temperatures, my phone was quickly losing it's charge while out walking. Phone batteries and cold weather don't mix well. 3. When will this law take affect if passed? And if passed, when will the data base be available? Guarantee this data base will not work as well as everyone thinks, especially at first. I am also a landowner and see no benefit to posting my cell phone # on said data base. My home phone is listed but not my cell and have no intention of providing that information and it is certainly the best way to get ahold of me. I have no problem asking for permission to hunt. What I find in ND is the difficulty of determining who to ask. MT has the Block Management where most of it is sign in at a box somewhere along the perimeter. Clearly marked and easy and lots of it in parts of the state. We have PLOTS, similar but different. As I understand the Block Management (There are two types of BM, some you just sign in, some you have to have permission as the number of hunters /day is limited) the landowner is paid based on the number of hunters using the land. The better the hunting, the more the landowner is paid. Have had really good antelope hunting using BM in MT. Someone please correct me if I'm clearly off-base on my understanding of BM. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
The "NEW" SB 2315 - Pucker Up Buttercup!
Top
Bottom