Thoughts on Generators

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Honda starts and runs like a dream. My dad had a Mcculloch that was a Honda Copy. It ran pretty descent and was almost as quiet. The problem was it used more gas, didn't start well when it got cold and the recoil broke a few years in and we couldn't get parts.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd suggest visiting NATCOA forums. Lots of discussion on generators there. Like this thread, Honda and Yamaha lead the recommendations, but the Smart Tools generator has a lot of fans as well.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a lantern now, but its something else I'd have to watch so the kids don't burn themselves along with the heater. That's why I was thinking the rope lights would be the ticket.
I used lanterns for years. After one trip with rope lights I'll never ever go back to messing with replacing mantles, broken glass, expensive propane tanks, and the hassle of dealing with a hot lantern ever again.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question? Planning on running rope lights in my portable ice House. Will I need a generator or could I hook them up to a battery? If generator is needed, how big? The cheaper the better. I also understand you get what you pay for. Thanks.

Pick up one of these bad boys and you won't need rope lights. Milwaukee spot light.
Milwaukee M18 LED Flo…
$99.00
Northern Tool

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got an email camping world is running some deals on hondas $ 250-500 off msrp on 1000-3000 watt units.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49