What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Tour Level Gold - Sak
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="white-eyes93" data-source="post: 424890" data-attributes="member: 5988"><p>I did the Sak event this year as a co. IMO, it depends on the water body (one that you fish a lot or not) and your skill level as a fisherman that determines that answer. For me, was it a cool experience? Yes, 90% of was really fun, from the rules meeting, to meeting your day 1 pro and talking about the next day's strategies to take off and weigh-ins were really cool. My pro on day 1 was a guy who has been doing all the events for quite a few years, so I was excited that I would learn new perspectives to use my skills on my "home lake" and make the entry fee worth the experience and maybe take home a check. The pro was super transparent and was relieved when he found I had experience on sak. He had a second livescope for me and gave me free rign in his boat to do whatever I wanted. He had chubs but wasn't super confident with his setup with them and asked if I had experience with them, so I was able to help him out with that and ended up having a great day. Day 2 was different. The random draw variable stung me. I was paired with a pro that this was his second-ever event. He did poorly on day 1 and didn't have a plan for day 2. I sat in the back of the boat for the entire day dragging/jigging a worm while he live-scoped, that's what he wanted me to do. He was a nice guy and we got along well, he just had his plan and wanted to stick to it even though he caught 1 fish the entire day. Funny thing was, we were on the same shore as Sprengel. That's how it goes sometimes. As a local and someone who just fished the Gov cup and DWC, that's when it gets tough on you because you have so many opinions on your home water that could help but ultimately it's up to the pro, it's his boat and his program. So you have to be prepared for a day like that or maybe even two, if you're really unlucky. </p><p>However, I probably won't do an event as a co again. I had my taste and thats good enough for me. I like to be in control and have a say in what we do during tournaments.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="white-eyes93, post: 424890, member: 5988"] I did the Sak event this year as a co. IMO, it depends on the water body (one that you fish a lot or not) and your skill level as a fisherman that determines that answer. For me, was it a cool experience? Yes, 90% of was really fun, from the rules meeting, to meeting your day 1 pro and talking about the next day's strategies to take off and weigh-ins were really cool. My pro on day 1 was a guy who has been doing all the events for quite a few years, so I was excited that I would learn new perspectives to use my skills on my "home lake" and make the entry fee worth the experience and maybe take home a check. The pro was super transparent and was relieved when he found I had experience on sak. He had a second livescope for me and gave me free rign in his boat to do whatever I wanted. He had chubs but wasn't super confident with his setup with them and asked if I had experience with them, so I was able to help him out with that and ended up having a great day. Day 2 was different. The random draw variable stung me. I was paired with a pro that this was his second-ever event. He did poorly on day 1 and didn't have a plan for day 2. I sat in the back of the boat for the entire day dragging/jigging a worm while he live-scoped, that's what he wanted me to do. He was a nice guy and we got along well, he just had his plan and wanted to stick to it even though he caught 1 fish the entire day. Funny thing was, we were on the same shore as Sprengel. That's how it goes sometimes. As a local and someone who just fished the Gov cup and DWC, that's when it gets tough on you because you have so many opinions on your home water that could help but ultimately it's up to the pro, it's his boat and his program. So you have to be prepared for a day like that or maybe even two, if you're really unlucky. However, I probably won't do an event as a co again. I had my taste and thats good enough for me. I like to be in control and have a say in what we do during tournaments. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
22 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
50 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: eyexer
53 minutes ago
Lotsa bots
Latest: eyexer
56 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Tour Level Gold - Sak
Top
Bottom