What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Walkin and thinkin
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Duckslayer100" data-source="post: 498732" data-attributes="member: 1485"><p>I'm inclined to finally come to terms with Zeke's test. Since I wasn't scrambling to post an update, I can assume you know how it went. </p><p></p><p>Now to say he failed in glorious fashion would be hyperbole. In fact, he did well by some standards. But when you set the bar high and that bar is missed, well, it's hard to look at the silver lining. </p><p></p><p>Zeke did help me understand my own failings. Basically, I cannot see the forest for the trees until one falls into the water, spits a duck out without finishing the retrieve to hand, and completes the action by taking a piss while the judges watch and smirk. </p><p></p><p>So we will try again next year. And we will both, hopefully, be wiser for it. </p><p></p><p>In the meantime, we are firmly in the throes of autumn. And despite his (and my) shortcomings with testing, I can see not all that effort was in vain. Zeke has proven many times how much he's grown -- from tracking a crippled duck that sailed across a slough hours ago, to chasing a fully alive adult Canada goose and battling it out in deep water -- and I can't help but be proud. </p><p></p><p>But there is work to do, and that will come next year. For now, we have birds to chase, and many memories to make. My son is 13, and has fully embraced the hunting culture. We are heading to "the Range" this weekend, with partridge on our minds and miles ahead under our boots. It's a tradition that spans many years, and I relish it like a starving man does a finely seared steak. </p><p></p><p>It's the best time of year, gentlemen. I'm not a grizzled veteran by any stretch of the imagination, but I've circled the sun enough to know that these precious days are fleeting. Enjoy the sunrises. See the colors. Bag the birds. Make the memories. Because soon enough, that's just what we'll all be. Memories. </p><p></p><p>Make the days, and yourself, worth remembering.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Duckslayer100, post: 498732, member: 1485"] I'm inclined to finally come to terms with Zeke's test. Since I wasn't scrambling to post an update, I can assume you know how it went. Now to say he failed in glorious fashion would be hyperbole. In fact, he did well by some standards. But when you set the bar high and that bar is missed, well, it's hard to look at the silver lining. Zeke did help me understand my own failings. Basically, I cannot see the forest for the trees until one falls into the water, spits a duck out without finishing the retrieve to hand, and completes the action by taking a piss while the judges watch and smirk. So we will try again next year. And we will both, hopefully, be wiser for it. In the meantime, we are firmly in the throes of autumn. And despite his (and my) shortcomings with testing, I can see not all that effort was in vain. Zeke has proven many times how much he's grown -- from tracking a crippled duck that sailed across a slough hours ago, to chasing a fully alive adult Canada goose and battling it out in deep water -- and I can't help but be proud. But there is work to do, and that will come next year. For now, we have birds to chase, and many memories to make. My son is 13, and has fully embraced the hunting culture. We are heading to "the Range" this weekend, with partridge on our minds and miles ahead under our boots. It's a tradition that spans many years, and I relish it like a starving man does a finely seared steak. It's the best time of year, gentlemen. I'm not a grizzled veteran by any stretch of the imagination, but I've circled the sun enough to know that these precious days are fleeting. Enjoy the sunrises. See the colors. Bag the birds. Make the memories. Because soon enough, that's just what we'll all be. Memories. Make the days, and yourself, worth remembering. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
B
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Browneye
11 minutes ago
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Jiffy
17 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: 1bigfokker
19 minutes ago
Walkin and thinkin
Latest: Duckslayer100
Today at 4:43 PM
Bear Again
Latest: 5575
Today at 4:10 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 12:48 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: RyanN
Today at 11:48 AM
ISO - Brittany Pup
Latest: BDub
Today at 10:16 AM
migration 26
Latest: Duckslayer100
Today at 6:53 AM
Ham/Women
Latest: CatDaddy
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
P
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 8:58 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: bucksnbears
Yesterday at 8:13 PM
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 7:30 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Yesterday at 4:45 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Yesterday at 3:17 PM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Yesterday at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Yesterday at 6:02 AM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Monday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Monday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Walkin and thinkin
Top
Bottom