What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
weatherby vanguard rifles.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Petras" data-source="post: 302458" data-attributes="member: 216"><p>Nothing wrong with a weatherby. I've had a couple and still have one of them in a .223 H-Bar. It's a great gopher/coyote gun with it's 20" bull barrel. First one I ever had was fine after I did a bit of work to the stock to free float the barrel. That being said, I bought my wife a 6.5creed in a Browning Hells Canyon Long Range Hunter and it does not suck at all to pack around. It is about 2 ounces or so heavier than the gun you are looking at, but it's a great shooting gun and my wife hasn't complained about packing it around... While they don't offer it in a 7mm mag, they do offer the Browning X-Bolt Stalker Long Range Hunter in 7mm mag and Cabelas has them on sale right now for $629 and it is exactly the same weight as the MeatEater your looking at. I have a rem 700 in 7mm mag and it loves 168 Berger VLD Bullets. If you reload I would look into those as Berger VLD's have been very easy to get to shoot out of every gun/caliber I've ever tried them in. On top of that, they perform very well on whatever animals your shooting with them.</p><p></p><p>One thing I noticed is that the $999 price tag for the MeatEater doesn't include the MuzzleBrake. It's another $60, which in the grand scheme of things isn't much, but just thought I'd point it out so you didn't order it expecting a brake.</p><p></p><p>Personally, I would go with the browning, and stick the money you save into as good of a scope as I can get if I'm intent on spending my max budget.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Petras, post: 302458, member: 216"] Nothing wrong with a weatherby. I've had a couple and still have one of them in a .223 H-Bar. It's a great gopher/coyote gun with it's 20" bull barrel. First one I ever had was fine after I did a bit of work to the stock to free float the barrel. That being said, I bought my wife a 6.5creed in a Browning Hells Canyon Long Range Hunter and it does not suck at all to pack around. It is about 2 ounces or so heavier than the gun you are looking at, but it's a great shooting gun and my wife hasn't complained about packing it around... While they don't offer it in a 7mm mag, they do offer the Browning X-Bolt Stalker Long Range Hunter in 7mm mag and Cabelas has them on sale right now for $629 and it is exactly the same weight as the MeatEater your looking at. I have a rem 700 in 7mm mag and it loves 168 Berger VLD Bullets. If you reload I would look into those as Berger VLD's have been very easy to get to shoot out of every gun/caliber I've ever tried them in. On top of that, they perform very well on whatever animals your shooting with them. One thing I noticed is that the $999 price tag for the MeatEater doesn't include the MuzzleBrake. It's another $60, which in the grand scheme of things isn't much, but just thought I'd point it out so you didn't order it expecting a brake. Personally, I would go with the browning, and stick the money you save into as good of a scope as I can get if I'm intent on spending my max budget. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
23 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: wslayer
Today at 6:08 PM
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
Today at 5:32 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Today at 4:45 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 4:23 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 3:36 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
weatherby vanguard rifles.
Top
Bottom