Founding Member
Founding Member
Shingles~

Any of you had em? what a bitch.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the first shingle's vaccine shot in October. Need the second now. Also got flu and pneumonia vaccine shots. $30 with Medicare. Didn't want to chance anything with this pandemic going around.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you had em? what a bitch.

my brother in law has and said to get the vaccine when you can it is the one of the worst things of his life. He would rather have three eyes and an extra nut than have shingle again. get well

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had a light case 10 years ago. If that was what a light case was like you do not want a severe case. Like getting toasted with a propane torch. People will be a believer in vaccines if they ever get shingles.

257Bob

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I have each had both shots, got them at Costco but they weren't cheap.

Aucker33

Established Member
Had them about 10 years ago. I was driving back from Watford City with my shirt off hanging out the window trying to ease the pain. The apology of the propane torch is spot on. I had a mild case and I sure do not want a severe case. I'm too young for the vaccine so hopefully I don't get another case of them between now and then.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
had one shot then needed to get next round of two shots but had to wait to get and yes they were not cheap db

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bride had a bad case quite a few years ago. Terrible pain.
I had the interior ones once and that was bad. First Doctor said no such thing as interior shingles. Second one said B.S. as he had them once too. It wasn't fun either and lasted around 2 weeks for me.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
f---k sakes,thought I had picked up a std or poison oak rutten around cutting firewood,blisters started around my waist line then down my right leg,used duct tape to hold my nut sack on the left leg thinking these blister's would spread like poison ivy not knowing I had shingles.,didn't want the blister's to spread on the jewels,doc said because I had chicken pox as a kid I was prone for shingles due to stress with age...With all of minn shut down outof work "what stress?"

Last edited:

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife got them last fall- her doctor told her to get the shot to prevent them and she got shingles 5 days later. He says coincidence, i say bullshit. She even had them in her eye and she still takes eye drop meds and may need surgery. I did read just yesterday on studies that high dose of vitamin C helps with the pain and inflammation.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just had my shingles booster last month. Co-worker got them earlier this year...she said the pain was comparable to giving birth...which I can't imagine! Get well soon man!

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife got them last fall- her doctor told her to get the shot to prevent them and she got shingles 5 days later. He says coincidence, i say bullshit. She even had them in her eye and she still takes eye drop meds and may need surgery. I did read just yesterday on studies that high dose of vitamin C helps with the pain and inflammation.

Friend of mine almost lost his because of this.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
A coworker, who just got over the worst case of COVID of anybody I know personally, now has shingles. Poor SOB. He's a tough guy, 46 years old, former boxer. Said it hurts bad.

I hear they can be stress related, and after nearly a month on O2 due to COVID, I would guess he is stressed. What next? Pteradactyls?

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had them when I was around 13 years old. My immune system had gotten really worn down. Doctor said it was unusual for a kid to have them. I don't remember extreme pain, but do remember being sick as hell. Maybe I got lucky I had them as a kid?

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Wife and I took them in 2019, our insurance paid for them so that was nice . Doc told me to make sure and get them before medicare as they don't pay for it . Anyone I have ever known that got them said the pain was unbelievable .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmm, I never had Chicken Pox as a kid. So I got the varicella vaccine when I first heard about it in the mid-90s. I wonder if I'm still capable of getting shingles, or if I need to get the vaccine.

I suppose that should be a point of discussion between the doc and I when I get my annual checkup.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a severe case on the right side of my head and in my eye. It felt like needles were being driven into the backs of my eyeballs. You can permanently loose your vision when it gets into your if not taken care of soon enough. When it first started coming on I swear I had a brain tumor. Your nerves do some crazy stuff. I couldn’t wear a hat for months.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56