Binocular covers...

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which is a good one. Ideally I'd like to find a nice neoprene that covers my binos but will work with my bino harness (crooked horn style). I don't want these giant badlands or other ridiculous bino covers that weigh a bunch and look like a whole nother back pack. Something lite and thin is ideal.

Any suggestions?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cover the occular lenses with the supplied cover and don't fret the objectives. They're pointed sraight down while on a crooked horn, what's going to get on them?

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go redneck and use some Glad Press'n Seal from the kitchen. Should need about 3 cents worth.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the search too. I normally don't give a crap about babying my stuff and rock the Rick Young harness with no protection, unless it has 1 of 3 names on it. So I've tried the FHF and hated that thing. Like you say, pretty much a pack on your chest. Way too big. The last couple nights I have been playing with a harness from Oregon Packworks called the BinoBro. I don't think i like it. It is definitely compact, and quiet, but getting the binos back in 1 handed is very difficult. Not 2 hours ago I ordered the harness from Kuiu to try out. My brother has the FHF and Kuiu and much prefers the Kuiu.

I would say once I get over the initial babying period a person does with something new I'll go back to previous method of not giving a shit, or do what SDMF suggests.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the kuiu and really enjoy it. The only comparison I can make is the scheels bungee cord that smacks into your chest all day. Feel free to send me a pm if you want handle it before you buy.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not much help Pig but I second the KUIU one. So much better than the bungee cord style ones. No more bouncing binos.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
How are the Kuiu to operate 1 handed

CJR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Kuiu and love it...I'm in Bismarck if you want to try it

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Upon actual field use, i can confirm the Kuiu is the best harness I've tried so far. I got enough man boob to hold them in place as I pull the bino out. It is a 1 hand operation for me to get them out and in.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does Scheels in Bismarck carry those Kuiu harnesses, or did you have to order them online?

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a "Badlands" bino harness. They are enclosed all the time, the binos wont fall out and its really comfortable to wear all day. I stalk most of the time when I'm hunting and I have been grateful for the bino harness. Having clean binos is a must and when we spend a lot of money on them its nice to have a secure way of carrying them

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
What size do you guys have? I've got a pair of EL 10x50's.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went with L for SLC 10x42. Brother had to go XL for Bushnell 10x42 Fusions. I almost wish I went XL and my binos are small. I would sacrifice a little wobble for easier 1 handed use.

With 50mm EL, XL no doubt.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 21
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7