NFL News (Vikings)

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How fun would it be to just post a player by each other's goal and long ball it to them...takes no skill or strategy. You don't understand the gane or strategy behind it making it boring.
That's why you make a ZONE like hockey, first thing in has to be the ball.

Hockey has a ZONE marked by the blue line. The puck has to be the first thing in the Zone. If the Defense gets the puck out of the zone, all players have to clear out of the zone.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's why you make a ZONE like hockey, first thing in has to be the ball.
Ahh that means all defensive players have to leave this zone? Physically my god...you realize a soccer field is WAY bigger than a hockey rink?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
And Yes, I'd rather have players posting each other up rather than playing the D line and creating a bunch of boring useless minutes like now.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No just the offensive players.
I am just trying to understand this and how to apply it to soccer. So if this was tye case in soccer all the defensive players sit in this zone and could use it to keep the offensive players out?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh and if it were up to me, it would be more like this.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And Yes, I'd rather have players posting each other up rather than playing the D line and creating a bunch of boring useless minutes like now.
It's not useless, it's strategy remember..chess not checkers ha..Depending how the offense pushes that defensive line..technically there is a zone it just constantly moves not allowing one team to have an unfair advantage.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh and if it were up to me, it would be more like this.

That's pretty similar to Marine ball, we played like that back in the 80s. Our Warrant Officer put a stop to it after he figured out we were trying to help our staff NCO get a medical discharge. Easily the most undeserving of the uniform POS I met in the Corps.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
we played a similar version. didn't have to dribble. but, the only guy who was fair game for being "tackled" or held, like seen in that video was the guy with the ball. it was surprising fun and not terribly injurious as you were definitely encouraged to pass or otherwise give up the ball before being tackled as being tackled with the ball was a turnover where the tackle occurred.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bo nix will be quarter back in my opinion...should be decent...#no choke...Hopefully

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
Since this is supposed to be a damn Viking's thread, I just want to say good riddance to Kirk. draft JJ and I'd rather nail my scrotum to the kitchen table and snort black pepper than watch soccer. The only thing worse than watching soccer is listening to soccer snobs tell everyone how uneducated they are about the game. They are the VEGANS of the sports world. No offense...

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Since this is supposed to be a damn Viking's thread, I just want to say good riddance to Kirk. draft JJ and I'd rather nail my scrotum to the kitchen table and snort black pepper than watch soccer. The only thing worse than watching soccer is listening to soccer snobs tell everyone how uneducated they are about the game. They are the fucking VEGANS of the sports world. No offense...
Like the vikings stadium? #viqueens go vegan!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope the vikes stay put with the 11 and 23 picks and take the best players available. Guessing they'll be the vikes though and throw them and probably another pick in to move up 6-7 spots and take another QB that'll be out of the league in 5 years.......it's what they do lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14