NFL News (Vikings)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can’t win if you don’t bet. I hope they move up take either JJ or drake maye. I’m fine with that gamble every one bitches they just recycle old qb and they bitch when they draft one it’s like trying to deal with a woman never happy and always second guessing.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can’t win if you don’t bet. I hope they move up take either JJ or drake maye. I’m fine with that gamble every one bitches they just recycle old qb and they bitch when they draft one it’s like trying to deal with a woman never happy and always second guessing.
Why spend a ton on mediocre? when a QB that comes into the system that is worth it throw everything and kitchen sink at him. Vikings are great at throwing everything at a mediocre QB though. I also get it’s hard to tell if a QB will turn into greatness like Tom Brady did. You kind of roll the dice in the draft.

★ Legendary Member
You think that's good? I think it sucks and takes away from the game. So more defense in a game that's notoriously boring as far as scoring goals is good?
if you make this change then the game becomes a track meet and you just kick the ball in the zone and race to it and have a 1v1 with the goalie which is extremely difficult to stop. removes any form of skill from the game. are hockey games high scoring? usually not right?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you make this change then the game becomes a track meet and you just kick the ball in the zone and race to it and have a 1v1 with the goalie which is extremely difficult to stop. removes any form of skill from the game. are hockey games high scoring? usually not right?
Sounds better to me

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope the vikes stay put with the 11 and 23 picks and take the best players available.

While I can certainly understand and agree with the impact two first round picks can have on a team's overall talent, it takes a really great team to overcome mediocre quarterback play.

In that list, I'd suggest the last handful of mediocre quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl were Nick Foles in 2017, Peyton Manning in 2015, and Eli Manning in 2011. Yeah, calling the Mannings mediocre may be heresy to some, but I've never been an Eli admirer, and Peyton was not himself those last couple years.

Nevertheless, it's just a lot easier to win with a great QB.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can't the vike trade first round picks if there isn't shit this year for a good QB possibly get a 1st next year where there may be better QB options and stack the team....then just take a half ass guy this year?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh boy..jj..I think bo may have been a better choice..but ya never know. Hopefully j.j does it.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
DETROIT — The Minnesota Vikings have chosen JJ McCarthy to be their franchise quarterback of the future.

The Vikings took McCarthy with the 10th pick in the first round of the 2024 NFL draft Thursday.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Way more athletic than ponder coming into a way better coaching situation and players to throw to. Not mad about getting that lb from bama. Glad I’m not a gm only person who gets more shit trying to predict the future is the weather guy.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
All the QB's are a crap shoot. Look to the past. Only 1 of the 3 top picks will make it. I don't love JJ but to the point of his coaching, skill players, and possibly sitting one year, he might be ok.

The LB is maybe the best edge rusher in the draft.

And we kept next year's first round, didn't give up much to move up, and have $100 million in cap space next year. I'd grade us at an B+/A- this year. Some saying A+.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Overall I like the picks. Didn't give much up to move a few spots ahead. JJ was was my least favorite of the qbs but he's young....just barely passes legal beer drinking age @21

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 52
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17