Computer nerds....

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Long story short; a few weeks back I had one to many captain and cokes and spilled one on my laptop. Apparently I got pissed, closed the spilled drink on my laptop and went to bed!

So my question, is there a way to get my pics off of the hard-drive, assuming I didn't fry it in the process?
I let the puter dry out for a few days and no dice. I am really hoping I didn't lose all my pictures.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I went threw this with a few old laptops recently. Find out what type of hard rive it has. Then you can buy a adapter that plugs in to your new computers usb. Non of the big boss stores carry them but any computer supply store should have them.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
as long as the drive didn't fry, you should be able to. You would need to pull the drive out the laptop and get an external drive cradle to plug the laptop drive into. Then just plug the drive cradle into another pc (it will have a USB cable from the cradle to the pc).

It will appear as another drive on your new computer and you can browse for any files you need to copy.

Depending on the drive in the laptop, something like this would work. Again - this depends on the type of drive you need to copy the files from.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=drive_cradle-_-9SIA40U2BN3122-_-Product

ETA - this isn't the only device capable of it. There are several types of drive cradles or you could get a drive enclosure and put the old drive in it and use for extra storage or for backups.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
At least you didn't lose the redhead in your avatar. Thanks, Vollmer, for salvaging the redhead.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5