Computer question

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering what programs you guys use to view and sort trail cam pictures ? I have a new computer and I must need to download a program because it just lets me view the pics but there are no options to download or delete the pictures. My goal is to view first then delete and download just the ones I want to save. I think some of the cards have a couple thousand pics on them and no need to download all of them like I was doing before on the old computer.

eliminator

Honored Member
Most if not all SD cards have a little slide lever on the side of them. If you have the slide in the wrong position it protects the pictures and will not let you delete them. Slide the lever and then you should get the options to delete them

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks, I had forgot about that switch on the cards . The problem I am still having is no program to edit the card. This computer automatically opens the windows media player and there are no control features with that , I can only view with the media player .

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are tons of good free picture viewers available to download but I still prefer to use Microsoft Office Picture Manager assuming you have Microsoft Office of course. You can do simple editing with it which is all I usually need. One nice thing I like about it is that it has a zoom slide feature that works well if you are viewing a picture that is too small for your old eyes to see. I use that a lot when people send me pictures that are too small or not clear. To sort and delete I just use Windows File Explorer and set the view option to large icons then I can scan the pics visually and delete individual or groups of pictures. Saves downloading, installing and learning how to use a new program.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks, Now we are getting closer .. I found a download for Microsoft office picture manager , That should be all I need.. I hope

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what version of Windows you are running (I'm on 10) so this is how it looks.

If you are view the files on the SD card in Windows Explorer, you can change how view settings at the top:

view.jpg

I use extra large icons for pictures.

You can also change the default program to view pics in after opening them. On one of the pic files, right click and find "Open with"

open_with.jpg

Then click on "Choose another app".

app.jpg

Select the app you prefer. I use the included Windows Photo app which allows you to delete and view all the pics in a particular directly but clicking on the left/right buttons on the left/right side of the photo.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am reminded just how little I know about computers , I need to sit down and watch a few YouTube videos on computer basics.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88