2 dead Bismarck shooting

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Johnny Five

Gotta be careful with table talk I guess but it is swirling around that they possibly shot each other?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scary deal hitting pretty close to home, My son who just turned 21 on Sept 18th told me he played High School football with the younger man and although he didn't run in his circle he knew him well from their high school days.

On his birthday he started asking me questions about concealed carry. I told him before he does anything he should take some training and classes on concealed carry and research the potential consequences and laws pertaining to concealed carry. I am sure there will be more talks in the days to come regarding both conceal carry and this shooting

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad state we're in,our young on edge because of crime ,as a young man,weekend benders bar hoping,some bar fights over who's quarter was next on the pool table,never gun play in some questionable areas at 1am.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope this gets resolved without excessive force, The two words I HATE the most in the English language are ROUTINE and COUNTLESS. More "quarterbacks" need to go on "ride alongs" and measure the amount of piss absorbed in their pantalongs.

Even as I know the technique I don't support cuffs used as brass knuckles as the same results can be produced with a gloved hand. Don't trust the media. Asserting authority isn't "excessive force"

From your other thread article: "Seconds Away" is an eternity when you're alone. I may be wrong in this instance. I still assert this cop shouldn't be tried/convicted in goddamn "liberal"newsprint.

Being fired upon before engaging is retardation.

That is all.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope this gets resolved without excessive force, The two words I HATE the most in the English language are ROUTINE and COUNTLESS. More "quarterbacks" need to go on "ride alongs" and measure the amount of piss absorbed in their pantalongs.

Even as I know the technique I don't support cuffs used as brass knuckles as the same results can be produced with a gloved hand. Don't trust the media. Asserting authority isn't "excessive force"

From your other thread article: "Seconds Away" is an eternity when you're alone. I may be wrong in this instance. I still assert this cop shouldn't be tried/convicted in goddamn "liberal"newsprint.

Being fired upon before engaging is retardation.

That is all.
The old guy was walking away not threatening the officer when he when the officer went directly to physical force. His fellow officers were the ones that said he had a hot temper and liked to fight. His commander said he violated policy, escalated the situation, and went hands on knowing backup was seconds away. This wasn't the 1st time he was accused of violence towards the public. the Supreme Court has said the level of force needs to be proportional to the level of threat.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A good cops worst enemy is a BAD COP. And aholes like this officer are out there everywhere. Now everyone is filming their interactions with police, as they should, and some of the videos are mind blowing.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure what the last two posts have to do on this topic, but the rumor mill has it that this was some kind of a spat over a woman.

Shocked...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure what the last two posts have to do on this topic, but the rumor mill has it that this was some kind of a spat over a woman.

Shocked...
read a post where it stated the old guy pulled his gun first and shot it in the air. That's when the kid said he wasn't scared of him and pulled his gun. The old guy then shot the kid in the chest and the kid returned fire. The post also said the old guy left a wife and kids behind.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really hope like hell that neither had a concealed carry permit.
They both were illegally carrying in a bar. If what I heard is correct one guy pulled his gun first and the other pulled his in self defense.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They both were illegally carrying in a bar. If what I heard is correct one guy pulled his gun first and the other pulled his in self defense.
Which is why I hope neither actually has a CC permit. All in all it's a terrible outcome and I'd hate to see gun haters use it against those of us who have a permit.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

Shocked...
I heard it was drug deal went bad --- that was from a close source.

I am only in town once a while. Went out Saturday --- wanted to go to the elbow but my group was to scared (this is a daily incident here in little minne). Anyway ended up at the tap in -- nice place

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
it happened in the parking lot. Remember someone owns the elbow room; enough bad press the way it is ---- just think if you were the owner of it you have little control the parking lot.

So already looking at this thread --- booze was blamed, the bar was blamed ---- quit the boom (or on this thread boom's kid) stuff of the blame game. Its not the gun, booze, bar it was the individuals that shot the guns Period.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
it happened in the parking lot. Remember someone owns the elbow room; enough bad press the way it is ---- just think if you were the owner of it you have little control the parking lot.
It is reported they both were in the bar before this happened. This is the 2nd gun incident in the last 4 months at that location which goes to the type of crowd the bar draws.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which is why I hope neither actually has a CC permit. All in all it's a terrible outcome and I'd hate to see gun haters use it against those of us who have a permit.
Gun haters are going to use it against us anyway. Remember ND is a constitutional carry state and no permit is needed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84