2 dead Bismarck shooting

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is reported they both were in the bar before this happened. This is the 2nd gun incident in the last 4 months at that location which goes to the type of crowd the bar draws.
That was an employees stopping a dude from doing burnouts in the parking lot after closing and the dude pulled a gun on employees doing security work. Come man --- 300k for a liquor license and you kick the business owner to the curb.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You want freedom but you want to cancel culture a bar but you want that 30 round clip.

You only want the freedoms that "you want".

Slap your mommy for me.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was an employees stopping a dude from doing burnouts in the parking lot after closing and the dude pulled a gun on employees doing security work. Come man --- 300k for a liquor license and you kick a guy to the curb
it is still is a gun incident and goes to the type of crowd that place draws. Even Bucks didn't have any reported issues like this, that I know of and that place had a very rough crowd.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You want freedom but you want to cancel culture a bar but you want that 30 round clip.

You only want the freedoms that "you want".

Slap your mommy for me.
Are you still drunk from the weekend ?
Where did I say I wanted to " cancel culture a bar " ?
Are you for people carrying guns in bars?
Are you for people carrying guns while drinking?

Along with rights come responsibility

" People who really want to have a good time won't come to a slaughterhouse. And we've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry. " - Dalton

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you still drunk from the weekend ?
Where did I say I wanted to " cancel culture a bar " ?

Along with rights come responsibility

" People who really want to have a good time won't come to a slaughterhouse. And we've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry. " - Dalton
The shooting happened in the parking lot.
You did cancel wtf your words Looks like the Elbow Room is Bismarck is the place to stay away from.

Where did i say anything about these two items. Typical internet and political move --- lets throw something out to see if it sticks.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The shooting happened in the parking lot.
You did cancel wtf your words Looks like the Elbow Room is Bismarck is the place to stay away from.

Where did i say anything about these two items. Typical internet and political move --- lets throw something out to see if it sticks.
You brought up that this was in the parking lot and not in the bar. The report stated they both were in the bar prior to the shooting. It is assumed since they were both in the bar they were also drinking. I asked two simple questions which both of these guys were doing but you refuse to answer. I didn't tell anyone to stay away I said it looks like the place to stay away from, which is my opinion, it also looks like the opinion of the circle you run in, are they part of the cancel culture ?

" I am only in town once a while. Went out Saturday --- wanted to go to the elbow but my group was to scared (this is a daily incident here in little minne). Anyway ended up at the tap in -- nice place

Again I ask

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gun haters are going to use it against us anyway. Remember ND is a constitutional carry state and no permit is needed.
Yep, and I still maintain my ND concealed weapons permit because I am not sure the constitutional carry thing will insulate me from being charged for a concealed weapons violation if a weapon in my vehicle gets accidentally covered by a jacket, etc.

In particular, I am talking about the mess I sometimes have in my vehicle when going to the field hunting. With all the extra clothes, a dog, and gear, it's not uncommon for a jacket to cover up a shotgun, or a hunting knife falls on the floor. Get pulled over for speeding and shit can turn south real quickly if NDHP can't see a "weapon" because it's unintentionally covered or in a door panel.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You brought up that this was in the parking lot and not in the bar. The report stated they both were in the bar prior to the shooting. It is assumed since they were both in the bar they were also drinking. I asked two simple questions which both of these guys were doing but you refuse to answer. I didn't tell anyone to stay away I said it looks like the place to stay away from, which is my opinion, it also looks like the opinion of the circle you run in, are they part of the cancel culture ?

" I am only in town once a while. Went out Saturday --- wanted to go to the elbow but my group was to scared (this is a daily incident here in little minne). Anyway ended up at the tap in -- nice place

Again I ask
Again i ask where did i state carrying --- i did not even bring it up. It happened in the parking lot not the bar. Who says the shooters didnt go to vehicle to grab weapons IDK and i dont care. What the press is doing and having people jump on the band wagon is trying to throw the bar owner under the table and ultimately will try to take away his 300k license. The bar owner has a very sucessful business and it is something the bandwagoner does not have so they feel like they have to throw them to the ground and take it away. Yes part of my group was scared due to the news reports. They are not bandwagoners at least they respect the owner. Its not the bar's fault. You make it sound like is "carryings fault" ---ok your anti carrying whatever its just another blame game --- face it Responsibility is at the Individual Level period.

Carrying -- I have a shotgun rifle and 4wd they are both under my back seat along with a couple box of shells. If that is carrying then it it is what it is. That may be legal or illegal i dont care in the fall that is the way i roll. In the summer I keep some assorted tackle boxes that i cant fit in my boat in that same spot. My guns are locked in my home. I carry when i hunt i carry my rifle into the field :cool: that is my definition of carrying.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they were not at a bar drink g it would have never happened so the bar and booze were both contributing factors
blame it on the bar -- you might as welll blame it on the gun like every other anti

"assign responsibility for a fault or wrong" READ the definition please.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nevertheless, it makes concealed carry look bad when two carriers have an old-West style gunfight. If these types of fights become commonplace, concealed weapons will be a permit process again and probably harder than it was. Do you think the lefties will blame the alcohol? A toxicology report would be interesting. Deciding to pull out your weapon should be a very last resort, and one of them had to show the other 1st. That was a huge mistake, the first of a few HUGE MISTAKES in judgment by two men who have no more 2nd chances. As Clint said "Hell of a thing killing a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have"

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can not conceal carry while drinking anyway. That point has been grossly left out in the above posts.

You can conceal and carry in a bar if you are eating at an establishment that serves food and drinks. You just can’t drink while you eat.

This is just 2 idiots that broke the law regardless of constitutional carry or conceal carry.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Again i ask where did i state carrying --- i did not even bring it up. It happened in the parking lot not the bar. Who says the shooters didnt go to vehicle to grab weapons IDK and i dont care. What the press is doing and having people jump on the band wagon is trying to throw the bar owner under the table and ultimately will try to take away his 300k license. The bar owner has a very sucessful business and it is something the bandwagoner does not have so they feel like they have to throw them to the ground and take it away. Yes part of my group was scared due to the news reports. They are not bandwagoners at least they respect the owner. Its not the bar's fault. You make it sound like is "carryings fault" ---ok your anti carrying whatever its just another blame game --- face it Responsibility is at the Individual Level period.

Carrying -- I have a shotgun rifle and 4wd they are both under my back seat along with a couple box of shells. If that is carrying then it it is what it is. That may be legal or illegal i dont care in the fall that is the way i roll. In the summer I keep some assorted tackle boxes that i cant fit in my boat in that same spot. My guns are locked in my home. I carry when i hunt i carry my rifle into the field :cool: that is my definition of carrying.
I am not anti-carry, I am anti illegal carry. I have a concealed carry permit myself, and conceal carry quite often. I am anti-illegal carry and that is what these guys were doing. If these guys would not have been illegally, carrying there would not been a shooting.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
blame it on the bar -- you might as welll blame it on the gun like every other anti

"assign responsibility for a fault or wrong" READ the definition please.
Nope not the guns fault just idiots drinking in a bar. Simple fact booze makes people do dumb shit. If they were not there it would have never happened. That’s just the truth

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope not the guns fault just idiots drinking in a bar. Simple fact booze makes people do dumb shit. If they were not there it would have never happened. That’s just the truth
So you put the blame #1 cause is the booze

Wow you guys continue to amaze me. You would let the shooters go if they would of lived. It was the booze dont worrry little johnny. We will just take away your bottle. I brought you up right -- it was just the booze.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not anti-carry, I am anti illegal carry. I have a concealed carry permit myself, and conceal carry quite often. I am anti-illegal carry and that is what these guys were doing. If these guys would not have been illegally, carrying there would not been a shooting.
Criminals do not obey laws.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's absolutely not JUST the booze. I'm pretty sure nobody has said that or even implied that.

Bottom line:

If they wouldn't have been drinking/and or drunk, they would probably both still be alive right now. Anyone who can't see that, is just not trying. Period.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you put the blame #1 cause is the booze

Wow you guys continue to amaze me. You would let the shooters go if they would of lived. It was the booze dont worrry little johnny. We will just take away your bottle. I brought you up right -- it was just the booze.
Nope not just the booze it was a contributing factor. From people I know up there it seems like a place to avoid .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84