2018 skeeter WX2090

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found a decent deal on one of these. Only problem is that it got filled with water from a storm on sak. Water sat in There overnight from what I'm told. What do u guys think? I personally think that it's a damn boat and should be able to take on water like that but not sure. It was filled up pretty damn good. Motors never were under. Suppossibly still has full warranties on everything and an extra year for anything that goes wrong with it.

- - - Updated - - -

For christ sake it's a 2060! Not a 2090 ofcourse

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Based on 1k gal/hr pump running for 15min+, I had 250+ gal of water in my boat overnight when the auto-bilge float switch failed and we got a big rain. The boat was tied up in a slip. That was a complete non-issue, but, that wasn't enough water to fill any more than just the bilge. The only thing in my bilge is the fuel line, fuel gauge sending unit wire, and the auto and manual bilge pumps. Everything else is above the floor line.

I guess I'd want to know how "full" full really is.

Was the boat on the trailer, beached, tied up in a slip or ???

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Water in fuel? Can it work through the breathers and does it matter? Yammys can burn water right

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was full almost to the top of the rear livewell! ALOT OF WATER. With some debris mixed in. Aka tree buds and shit.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only issue I can reasonably think of is wiring. Wet connectors will eventually dry, but they may get some corrosion.

I had an older Lowrance LMS that would get intermittent after being left out in the rain. Finally found a connector on the wiring to the puck that would get the smallest drop of water in it when water ran down the wiring. That only took like 3 years to diagnose.

Anyway, since the wiring and stuff was all made to be in a marine environment, I found zero issues after I fixed it the first time with a little dielectric grease.

Point being, if you didn't get water in the gas tank, check any wiring that may have gotten wet. Take apart the connections and dry them, then put a little dab of dielectric grease on them so you never again have to even worry about it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was it one of the recent storms or awhile ago. If it was pretty recent I'd have to think there could be more issues and hes trying to pawn it off.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It might be a great deal and nothing ever comes up, or it could turn into a money pit. If it was full of water id be worried about all of the wiring & electronics, but not really the boat itself.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a lot of water as you say. Have you checked to see if all of the livewell and bilge pumps still work? Was the motor starting battery submerged? Other than wiring, what other electrical stuff sat in water?

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got off the phone with the dealer. The boat was tied up in a bay on sak when a storm hit. It had wave come over the back of the boat and fill it up. Had a bunch of debris in it from that. They have taken the boat all apart and cleaned and flushed and dried everything out. He said that everything works as new still all the switches, charger, pumps everything. I have not had a chance to look at the in person yet as I live over 3 hours away.the guy that owned it put in an insurance claim and they basically bought him a new boat because of the debris that was in it. The hull warranty would go to the 10 year transferrable as it's a used boat. The motors have 5 yr warranties on them and the dealer will put a 1 year warranty if anything were to go wrong with the related water damage. The only damage to the boat he said is a little scuffing on the bottom but nothing serious.

- - - Updated - - -

This storm happened about 2 weeks ago I believe.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Strange that the auto bilge pump did not kick on, or maybe it did and could not handle a huge amount of water quick enough? If they are giving you enough off of the original sale price to where you are comfortable with it its probably a hell of a deal

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boats are nothing like cars. As long as the motors/(powerheads) weren't under water for a few days, I wouldnt bat an eye about buying it. The average boat probably sees more "water damage" over a life from owners who put covers on boats with wet floors/ livewells etc.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Justwingnit,
I ran my boat up on shore years ago and while it was unattended, a storm rolled in and did exactly what happened to this Skeeter. I didn't have an auto bilge pump so filled up with water. I pumped the water out after turning on the bilge pump. I loaded the boat and began cleaning it up. Had the boat for quite a few years after that and had zero issues. Like stated, all I had was some rub marks on the bottom of the hull from the shoreline. I wouldn't be afraid of it after you get a good look at it up close.
PS. I rarely ever run my boat up on shore and leave it. I always put it on the trailer. Got caught one time and that was on me. It can happen and doesn't mean the previous owner was careless with his boat and didn't take care of it.

Fish On!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was a tin boat where you could pull the floor easily I’d say go for it. Grass boat I’d have to put some serious thought into it.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
how many wires in a "grass" boat run under the floor? 90% of my wires are ran up the side consol and to the steering wheel. The ones up front were probably dry.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is a really good price...about 25k off original sale price

Man I would jump all over that. That boat if loaded, was at least70K or more. Skeeter website shows that boat at base price of about 65K
So somewhere around 45K for 2018 2060 with 250 SHO? Hell yeah

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I filled my tin boat to the top from console back twice and had no issues. Just some burnt fuses.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
We don't title boats in ND so I guess it wouldn't have a salvage title. Weird the insurance co was so generous. It's not passing the smell test, but it might be a deal for the gambler.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33