250 LBS of Week - Not Guilty

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something is Effed up with our legal system when you can get off scott free for after attempting to transport 250 pounds of weed across ND!

Weed....not week!

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They know it’s gonna be legal in two months and with that will be stripping of any mj related convictions from their records. They’re saying us money

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is that the case I read about where the judge dismissed the charges because of an illegal search? Difficult to be a policeman these days where you can't stop someone just because the vehicle and passengers looked guilty of something. Never would have ever solved anything in a school setting if we weren't allowed to suspect who was guilty of misbehavior based on past experience. At least certain suspects weren't always guilty but were certainly a place to start.

250# of pot in the trunk might make the vehicle sit lower and therefore cause a law enforcement officer to wonder what's in the trunk. Evidently that's not a good excuse for this judge. Too bad.

I'm under the impression that the vote for legalizing marijuana is for personal use, not for selling 250#. Or at least it would still not be legal to buy from anyone, sales would be from certain licensed dealers. In any case it's sad when criminals bet by on technicalities, and I guess it's also sad when law enforcement doesn't follow the laws and rules themselves.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where's the crime in it? Where's the victim? Crime has to have a victim doesn't it? It's a plant in a trunk, not a dead body.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They know it’s gonna be legal in two months and with that will be stripping of any mj related convictions from their records. They’re saying us money

Sorry Eyexer, but I think our votes will cancel each other. Being former law enforcement, I still oppose legalizing it. I believe it is still gateway drug to much worse and have seen people in tough shape from smoking weed. Weed today is so much more potent compared to years ago people are lacing it with carcinogenic chemicals or compounds not for the human body. But this is on a whole different thread. It is kind of funny how so many NDA members backed LE during the DAPL protest, but now not backing them on them on the opposition of legalizing recreational marijuana. If you back LE.....Back’em on everything!!!

I haven’t Heard the exact details on this case, but very unfortunate to have the case thrown out.

Last edited:

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that the case I read about where the judge dismissed the charges because of an illegal search? Difficult to be a policeman these days where you can't stop someone just because the vehicle and passengers looked guilty of something. Never would have ever solved anything in a school setting if we weren't allowed to suspect who was guilty of misbehavior based on past experience. At least certain suspects weren't always guilty but were certainly a place to start.

250# of pot in the trunk might make the vehicle sit lower and therefore cause a law enforcement officer to wonder what's in the trunk. Evidently that's not a good excuse for this judge. Too bad.

I'm under the impression that the vote for legalizing marijuana is for personal use, not for selling 250#. Or at least it would still not be legal to buy from anyone, sales would be from certain licensed dealers. In any case it's sad when criminals bet by on technicalities, and I guess it's also sad when law enforcement doesn't follow the laws and rules themselves.

It was in the back of a pickup.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the crime in it? Where's the victim? Crime has to have a victim doesn't it? It's a plant in a trunk, not a dead body.

I disagree. Its an illegal substance that has no other purpose but to achieve financial gain and fry the brains of humans that are too stupid to realize it.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

Everything in this post is based on profiling.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Eyexer, but I think our votes will cancel each other. Being former law enforcement, I still oppose legalizing it. I believe it is still gateway drug to much worse and have seen people in tough shape from smoking weed. Weed today is so much more potent compared to years ago people are lacing it with carcinogenic chemicals or compounds not for the human body. But this is on a whole different thread. It is kind of funny how so many NDA members backed LE during the DAPL protest, but now not backing them on them on the opposition of legalizing recreational marijuana. If you back LE.....Back’em on everything!!!

i ahven’t Heard the exact details on this case, but very unfortunate to have the case thrown out.

Whats worse with all your expert knowledge, alcohol or weed? And please don’t pull that back em on everything crap. A protest and the people of this state (those with the legal right) get to vote on an issue. They are 2 very different things.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a yes vote, the good LE people of this state get to ensure its residents have the freedom to exercise their right. See how that works? They enforce the law, they don’t get to decide what it is.

Deerwatcher

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was over 600 lbs of pot, shitty thing is he had an amazing drug dog with him that went nuts

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member

Most of law enforcement is based on profiling. Its just been given a bad rap because certain ethnic groups use it to justify their crimes. Without profiling on some level many, many crimes would go unsolved. Most of profiling is gut instinct which has been developed in us through centuries of evolution. Read an article on gut feelings in Popular Science one time and it's amazing how accurate it is.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

Most of law enforcement is based on profiling. Its just been given a bad rap because certain ethnic groups use it to justify their crimes. Without profiling on some level many, many crimes would go unsolved. Most of profiling is gut instinct which has been developed in us through centuries of evolution. Read an article on gut feelings in Popular Science one time and it's amazing how accurate it is.

No shit Sherlock. Does a cop get a gut feeling when he walks past a well dressed businessman involved in human trafficking? I didnt think so either. Profiling, however you look at it, is wrong. We all do it to some degree, but it’s wrong.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

I haven’t Heard the exact details on this case, but very unfortunate to have the case thrown out.
I totally agree with everything you said. And I personally have never tried it. And I was the biggest anti pot smoking guy on the planet. Two things changed my opinion on it. Well the legalization of it anyway. First, as a cancer survivor, I want this available for those that really suffer and find relief from it. I was fortunate enough to not experience that. Second, I'm so pissed at the legislature for screwing the pooch on the medicinal bill that I say screw it, just make it legal then. And I think most people feel that way about the legislature and many of those that will be voting yes will be doing it because of that. We have had enough of politicians screwing shit up.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I hope your right but the polls say your wrong. As for some saying it's a gateway drug I'm so sick of this nanny state BS so if that's your line you best not be caught with the real gateway drugs of caffeine, nicotine and alcohol or you're just a raging hypocrite!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean, What poll are you referring to ? I pulled this article up only because I had read it earlier .

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...-dakotans-overwhelmingly-support-recreational

As for the Judge, I don't condone drug trafficking or any other illegal activity but I will stick up for our legal rights that are within the law hell to high water and glad to see that we have judges that will too. If you are ok with getting profiled and pulled over for no good reason then be my guest but I won't put up with it for a second and I don't think anyone else should either. I have great respect for LEOs but none of them should be above the law. There must be several links to this story with different information because what I read doesn't jive with most of what I read here.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know there was a poll in the Minot Daily but it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack .

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you get pulled over for speeding and they find a dead body in your backseat. Oh well, pay your $10 speeding fine and be on your way. We will take care of the corpse. Have a nice day and be on your way. Like I say, something is Effed up here!

- - - Updated - - -

Dean, What poll are you referring to ? I pulled this article up only because I had read it earlier .

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...-dakotans-overwhelmingly-support-recreational

As for the Judge, I don't condone drug trafficking or any other illegal activity but I will stick up for our legal rights that are within the law hell to high water and glad to see that we have judges that will too. If you are ok with getting profiled and pulled over for no good reason then be my guest but I won't put up with it for a second and I don't think anyone else should either. I have great respect for LEOs but none of them should be above the law. There must be several links to this story with different information because what I read doesn't jive with most of what I read here.

I only fear being pulled over if there is a good reason for it. Otherwise, WTF?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speeding is against the law and within the boundaries of LEOs right to pull me over, Not speeding isn't. I get what you are trying to say and I agree somewhat but only up to the point of what our rights are and what LEOs rights are. Huge difference.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 85
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31