Accu-tac bipods

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy sheepskit Batman.....$400 + for a bipod!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does any one use these bipods. I was looking specifically at the sr-5 gen 2 and the wb-5. I curious if the lower mounting and wider footprint on the wb is worth the loss of smaller footprint when stowed of the sr-5.

https://accu-tac.com/products/sr-5-g2-arca-spec-qd-bipod

https://accu-tac.com/products/wb-5-arca-spec-qd-bipod
Those look interesting.

Long time Harris user. I can't use anything else. BUT those I'd give a try.

You should buy a set and let me beat on them a bit.... lol

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they give them neat names and are like some fishing lures that catch more fishermen than fish. My hunting friend like myself uses Harris bipod and he took first place swat sniper competition shooting against feds with $8k rigs

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They look good . Im an atlas guy. I like the rail for easy on and off. Loading the bipod with the atlas is way more consistent for me than with harris style bipods

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Harris definitely are a PITA to take off and on. I can see the advantage of the rail system.

These really aren't any lighter than Harris either, I was initially hoping they were.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Harris definitely are a PITA to take off and on. I can see the advantage of the rail system.

These really aren't any lighter than Harris either, I was initially hoping they were.
Ya they are not light weight at all. I think the javelin really shine there

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They look good . Im an atlas guy. I like the rail for easy on and off. Loading the bipod with the atlas is way more consistent for me than with harris style bipods
How? Legs down on like terrain, with weight of the rifle and you pushing into it how is it possible one is different or better? Its challenging my understanding of physics. I understand how off stone vs soft soil changes loading if you dont have spikes and changes elevation because of vibration resulting in some jump off hard surfaces, but all being equal do you think there is real difference? I have a couple friends with Atlas and do like them. I have shot using one of them. It was nice and went on quickly, but I leave my bipod on so fast connect is slower than already on.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How? Legs down on like terrain, with weight of the rifle and you pushing into it how is it possible one is different or better? Its challenging my understanding of physics. I understand how off stone vs soft soil changes loading if you dont have spikes and changes elevation because of vibration resulting in some jump off hard surfaces, but all being equal do you think there is real difference? I have a couple friends with Atlas and do like them. I have shot using one of them. It was nice and went on quickly, but I leave my bipod on so fast connect is slower than already on.
You can load the atlas with more forward pressure because of the design of how the legs work. Wiggle the legs on a harris then wiggle the legs on the atlas.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can see a possible difference in preloading if you have a Tupperware stock.

I haven't used an atlas so I can't definitively say one is better or worse than the other.

I know my Harris are rock solid, but very clumsy and heavy.

I also HATE attaching anything to the dainty fore end of my M70 featherweight. Yes, even though is a McMillian. I've seen those sling swivels break and the bipod itself wobbles and flops about. HATE them on that fore end!!

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've had Harris and they are ok. I did get a chance to shoot an accu-tac and I think where they shine along with some others is after the shot. No matter how much you loaded the Harris the "bounced" alot after shot broke and was harder to aquire target because of play in the bipod

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I can get into the dirt with mine I can hold NPA between shots with my FN (308). On a bench it bounces like double Ds.

My 7 SAUM is a little harder to control but doable.

My 300 blows me out every single shot no matter what.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see a possible difference in preloading if you have a Tupperware stock.

I haven't used an atlas so I can't definitively say one is better or worse than the other.

I know my Harris are rock solid, but very clumsy and heavy.

I also HATE attaching anything to the dainty fore end of my M70 featherweight. Yes, even though is a McMillian. I've seen those sling swivels break and the bipod itself wobbles and flops about. HATE them on that fore end!!
Jiffy if you're ever looking for another featherweight I have one new in the box "90s model" in a 270 wood with stainless "pretty gun". Been thinking about selling some lately.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jiffy if you're ever looking for another featherweight I have one new in the box "90s model" in a 270 wood with stainless "pretty gun". Been thinking about selling some lately.
Do I need to drown Jiffy to be 1st in line? I'll probably have him in the boat enough this summer to get him overboard.......

Don't tell him though, he'll be scrappy about it if he knows.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They look good . Im an atlas guy. I like the rail for easy on and off. Loading the bipod with the atlas is way more consistent for me than with harris style bip
I agree the Atlas is built good, heck we all have harris 50 years ago, I like MDT hunter series for high altitude hunting alot of ways ot use it. NOne of good stuff is cheap.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90