My experiance on the standing rock

KJS - ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool story and great pic - thanks for sharing.

My best hunting memories aren't the biggest deer I've shot, but the times spent in the field with my dad and daughter - nothing better. Congrats.

dirtytough

Thanks for all the congrats on the hunt.

Yea one of my favorite hunts I’ve done is a cow elk hunt I did in Colorado last year. Just Kohl and I. At 8 years old he did pretty well hiking up and down mountains chasing elk. It was the first hunt he got to actually be there start to finish on the whole thing. From spotting the elk, to the stock, to the shot, to pictures and butchering, to packing it out. I took him to Colorado when he was 6. But once we would hike in he was fairly tired so he wouldn’t drop off the ridge. He would stay with whoever else was staying on the ridge and then get to see the elk as they were packed out.

I almost feel like he is a little spoiled because when I grew up it was a great day to see 20 deer. (Blacktails in Washington) Now here in ND we see so many I don’t think he appreciates how lucky he is to grow up here.

Anyway again good luck to all the other hunters out there. Hope everyone has a successful hunt. (Which to me means having fun)

Regards, Branden

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
You sir are a great example of what a sportsman should be! From what u say, u involve ur family in ur outdoor adventures, n ur son will never forget those memories. That's what it's all about. Good on u my friend!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84