Tag Soup poll

Why your deer tag went to tag soup????

• See what deer? Think I'm done hunting deer

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • My shooting needs work, not worth a damn!!!

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Private land locked up like fort knox and no access

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Not in the right place at the right time

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I'm a horn hunter not a meat lover

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tinesdown

They cant!.
Bottom line is, you guys in Nodak are probably worst then any other state when it comes to habitat.
You all can plant foodplots but without COVER, a horrible winter and coyotes are gonna take toll.
Good habitat is key. You have little and without it, and bad winters, it's gonna be a real problem.
Sucks for sure but it's what you have.
Hey homie im from williston nd if u wanna get on some wild birds
I have spots killer spots call me first 701 7017706839

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah Man: We're not talking birds and Millenial/Z thumb typing "U's" are not well received as viable. I hope you continue to post and provide knowledge. Don't take offense. I'm trying to include you in the "big discussion". Welcome!

Tinesdown

They cant!.
Bottom line is, you guys in Nodak are probably worst then any other state when it comes to habitat.
You all can plant foodplots but without COVER, a horrible winter and coyotes are gonna take toll.
Good habitat is key. You have little and without it, and bad winters, it's gonna be a real problem.
Sucks for sure but it's what you have.
Also dont think sd is supreme there is unbelivable bird hunting in nd where else can u u get the triple bone grouse partridge rooster in one hike

Tinesdown

around where i live
Yaeh absoulty bro i hunt/drive in the oilfield and everything has become posted to a T it has become so a person cant jump out on a rooster out the pickup without shootin on some assholes lands my grounds willistpn nd to watford city nd sather dam

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have found that the times i have gone out there with one of my granddaughters on their youth hunt i cannot get off their place. There is nothing they will not do for me and the kid. And i mean nothing. They are lonely. db

Tinesdown

around where i live
Yaeh absoulty bro i hunt/drive in the oilfield and everything has become posted to a T it has become so a person cant jump out on a rooster out the pickup without shootin on some assholes lands my grounds willistpn nd to watford city nd satherI
around where i live
I dont have the privilege to walk in south dakota harding county love where the wind blows it is on my bucket list for deer dont know how hard a tag it is to get but would love to do do it out of state whats the out state tag ,$ looking for (whitetail bucks)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yaeh absoulty bro i hunt/drive in the oilfield and everything has become posted to a T it has become so a person cant jump out on a rooster out the pickup without shootin on some assholes lands my grounds willistpn nd to watford city nd satherI

I dont have the privilege to walk in south dakota harding county love where the wind blows it is on my bucket list for deer dont know how hard a tag it is to get but would love to do do it out of state whats the out state tag ,$ looking for (whitetail bucks)
It’s 300 ish I think. Harding county would be very low on my list of places I would hunt here for a whitetail.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
In our area of western ND my family farms and ranch on a fair amount of ground. It's great deer habitat, corn and sunflower fields and big wooded creeks and big hilly sections of pasture land. None of us "like 15 adults and kids" have shot a deer with a rifle in the past three seasons in hopes of a recovery from the two years of EHD and then last winter hit.
The game and fish should have NEVER had a season on whitetails this year in our area. We hardly ever see a deer, it's by far the worst deer population I have ever seen in my 50 some years. It's going to take a very very long time to turn things around, if it's even possible. I also score several of the bigger deer contests, the one this past weekend usually has 40 entries in the adult rifle whitetail division. I think there were like 5 bucks brought in, things are bad. And yet we have the G&F ramming CWD propaganda down our throats like the feds did covid..ugh.
Oh don't get me started on CWD claims. Comparing it to Covid is a good way to put it I think

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84