Herd reduction deer tags.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You all are so cynical. Clearly this guy was smart enough to build his garage adjacent to a natural travel corridor.
Evidently he barely passed Hunter Saftey if his arrows are landing near someones house.
Pretty basic! I feel sorry for his kid as he is getting started out on the wrong foot:rolleyes:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
So many complicated solutions to an easy to fix problem. Tell him to hang out an orange flag when he is hunting and dont let your grandkids play in the yard when the orange flag is out. Teach them what it means so they can watch for it. Tell him if there are kids in the yard and he plans to start hunting to verbally let someone know, with a phone call or similar. Everyone who lives outside of city limits has the risk of a projectile hitting their house, bullets can travel a long way, its not optimal but it definitely happens. If you want to be safer, move into town, if you dont want your house to flood, dont buy a house thats built in a flood plain... Common sense stuff. If you know anything about bow hunting, 99% odds hes already hunting at a time when the chances of kids playing in the yard are minimal. Are people anti baiting now on this site? I always though we were supportive of baiting... Are the lefty lib feel goods taking over?

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just wondering what the rest of you would do if you were in my position. I live outside of city limits in Bismarck in a development. Last summer my neighbor, found 2 broadhead arrows in his back yard, one a few feet from his house and the other past his house near his garage. He calls the Sherriff's office and an officer comes and takes the arrows. He says that this is a dangerous situation. He then takes the arrows to the owner and talks with him and explains our dissatisfaction with his shooting. If those arrows would have come towards my house, they would have hit it or went past my house. This fall my neighbor (the hunter)comes over and says he shot a doe and it ran behind my house. After talking with him, I find out he has 2 reduction tags, his 12 year old son has 2 tags and his 10 year old has 2 tags. They shoot at these deer from inside their garage, not from an elevated stand. I have grandkids
in my yard playing often. The neighbor wont stop hunting, as he moved into the house to "hunt on his own land". What would you do? Go plead with the Game and Fish to limit this? Not let the grandkids play outside in my own yard? I'm just looking for what others would do if they were in my shoes.
Post a google earth picture of his property and the surrounding houses, maybe you or someone on here can help find a better and acceptable solution for both of you. Deer can be a problem and the numbers need to be kept in check or they will cause significant damage over time.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So many complicated solutions to an easy to fix problem. Tell him to hang out an orange flag when he is hunting and dont let your grandkids play in the yard when the orange flag is out. Teach them what it means so they can watch for it. Tell him if there are kids in the yard and he plans to start hunting to verbally let someone know, with a phone call or similar. Everyone who lives outside of city limits has the risk of a projectile hitting their house, bullets can travel a long way, its not optimal but it definitely happens. If you want to be safer, move into town, if you dont want your house to flood, dont buy a house thats built in a flood plain... Common sense stuff. If you know anything about bow hunting, 99% odds hes already hunting at a time when the chances of kids playing in the yard are minimal. Are people anti baiting now on this site? I always though we were supportive of baiting... Are the lefty lib feel goods taking over?
We have a few people who are WOKE on here.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
just let the kids have a lil fun hunting with their dad. Tell them to not shoot towards your house please. Also, if you push it to much, young boys have a knack for getting even when a common enemy is established.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know... seems like if your arrow ends up in someone else's yard, you're screwing up.
Children should not have to live in fear of arrant arrows.
But I also agree that the law doesn't need to be involved just yet. That should be the backup plan in case a level-headed man-to-man talk doesn't work out.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Post a google earth picture of his property and the surrounding houses, maybe you or someone on here can help find a better and acceptable solution for both of you. Deer can be a problem and the numbers need to be kept in check or they will cause significant damage over time.
the deer numbers along the river South of Bismarck are near ZERO. I saw the 1st deer I have seen in weeks last night. The depredation tags need to be eliminated until there is actually a need for them, hell I think the G&F should eliminate doe tags for a couple years.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I own property. Live on it, play on it, kids also live and play on it.
Someone feels he can shoot arrows on it be it just stupid or whatever.
It ends right now whatever way it takes. It starts with an unpleasant discussion and if need be, goes from there. db

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys, I have talked with him on three different occasions and that never changed his attitude. I will wait until the Warden comes out and looks over the situation and go from there. Obi is correct, deer numbers near zero around south Bismarck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88