Alaska's getting Dirty

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, so last Friday night I'm wading in the river. Just minding my own business. The fish are few and far between, but it's a nice night out and I'm pretty good company for myself, so no complaints...

About 11:30 PM my phone dings, and it's the first of several pictures of these two doorknobs in Alaska. Grinning like a couple of out-of-work circus clowns just getting off their mopeds.

Broke my rod in half, yelled at my boots for a couple of minutes, and then tried to drown myself.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_5703.jpg
Some of alaskas silver salmon

These were our 'buts on day two.
IMG_5688.jpg
IMG_5685.jpg

I didn't get to catch this but I wasn't going to waste a chance to hold a ling cod
IMG_5676.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I'm truly jealous, but in a good way. Glad that it worked out, and you guys did so well. The scenery (I hear) is fantastic too, so even in between fish it had to be awesome..

On the flip side, it's going to make Missouri River fishing seem a tad tame, by comparison. You're ruined for a while...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have. I see two large black and blue marks on top of each thigh. I'm guessing that's where I had the rod butted up against.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have. I see two large black and blue marks on top of each thigh. I'm guessing that's where I had the rod butted up against.

I thought you might have been at Anchorage and visited the Great Alaskan Bush Company.

Last edited:

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always pictured you being like 6'2" but that would make that other dude 7 foot. So either you're fishing witha giant or u r short. Ha

i love halibut pics. It makes me want to go back.
Dirty Mike IS a midget!

- - - Updated - - -

A happy, halibut catching midget!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93