Another sad deal

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man Missing, Feared Drowned at Lake Metigoshe

Bottineau County, ND - A Lake Metisgoshe man is missing after his empty boat was found on the lake last night.
Bottineau County Chief Deputy Matt Schmitz says 56-year-old Kelly Krebsbach is feared drowned and a recovery effort is underway.
Schmitz says Krebsbach was last seen piloting his pontoon boat alone about 100 feet from shore around nine last night.
About a half-hour later, the boat was found, in gear and idling with no one on board, near the Twin Oaks area of the lake.
Searchers are using boats, airplanes, sonar, and even a mini-submarine to search that part of Lake Metigoshe today.
Deputy Schmitz says no foul play is suspected. He says it appears Krebsbach may have been trying to fix a mechanical problem on the boat and was standing near its edge, possibly falling into the lake.

I knew Kelly, his son and my son played hockey together. :(

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aw Crap, not again!!! Thoughts and Prayers to the family.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Live every day like its your last, because it may be. So sorry for the family.

ffjr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Such a sad deal again, prayers to the family and friends. Our team was asked to assist in the search tomorrow, so we will be heading up there to help.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good lord another! Sad deal for another family once again. Glad they didn't all happen on the same body of water or we would have some whacked-out conspiracy theories/Loch Ness type stories going around by this point.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good lord another! Sad deal for another family once again. Glad they didn't all happen on the same body of water or we would have some whacked-out conspiracy theories/Loch Ness type stories going around by this point.

really??
Sorry to those that have to go through this and closure will arrive soon and my thoughts are with you and your family until that time comes. Been through it myself as it's definitely the definition of suck and all i can say is those who are willing to volunteer and recover a sight of a loved one in this condition shouldnt have to witness it as their last; thus you guys are heros in my book.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
really??
Sorry to those that have to go through this and closure will arrive soon and my thoughts are with you and your family until that time comes. Been through it myself as it's definitely the definition of suck and all i can say is those who are willing to volunteer and recover a sight of a loved one in this condition shouldnt have to witness it as their last; thus you guys are heros in my book.
If this all happened near each other three people going missing out of boats that come floating up to shore empty and no one sees a thing it would definitely make things look at allot different then they do now. This is a very unusual grouping of a normally rare event and had they all happened in the same spot people would rightfully start to wonder if someone was up to no good.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Terrible, sorry for this horrible situation.

Seems odd that this is happening as frequent as it has, not to take away from any of the tragedies, but what the heck..

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad and prayers for the family and friends. Be safe out there fellas, none of these folks thouht they were in any danger, just out for another trip, it can turn in an instant.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i read this and thought i knew the name. He was my old boss when i worked in minot that sucks was a hell of a nice guy and a great boss.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 260
  • This month: 222
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76