Any mule deer tips?

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol. I'm thinking the same. That's why I'm hunting everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Friday could be pretty slow for hunting pressure. 66 degrees and its obviously a week day.

- - - Updated - - -

#the forecast sucks

- - - Updated - - -

can't kill from the couch though.

That last sentence.....

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Everyone I have talked to with a mule deer tag said they are going to avoid the first weekend and focus on the second weekend till close of season. This is probably over a dozen people. I'm starting to think opening week will have less hunting pressure out there.

Everyone that I've talked to said they're going opening weekend. Not sure how much time you've spent in that area but Im guessing it will be busy regardless of when you decide to go.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone that I've talked to said they're going opening weekend. Not sure how much time you've spent in that area but Im guessing it will be busy regardless of when you decide to go.

I was out this weekend. Literally 9 approaches or trails in a row had a pickup hunting. Ive never seen anything like it

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yeah, It will be plenty busy even with the 400 tags, then another 300 whitetail tags and of course a few bow hunters. I'm not picking my dates based on predicted hunting pressure. Just made the comment, because like you, I believe you wont see much of a difference between the opening weekend and closing weekend in terms of hunting pressure.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you plan on doing a lot of walking out in the boonies(rugged badlands), a handheld GPS with a waypoint at your vehicle would not be a bad idea. If you don't know your area real well and get out of eyesight of your entry point a lot of the drainages look the same. Just a nice piece of insurance.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was out this weekend. Literally 9 approaches or trails in a row had a pickup hunting. Ive never seen anything like it

The hunting and fishing pressure is at an all time high here in ND.

Kngkong

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was lucky enough to get a 4b mule buck tag and I'm heading out opening weekend but will be there all week also so I'm hoping the pressure is a little less during the week. Was scouting a few weeks back. Bet I saw a hundred does and about a dozen bucks. Biggest buck was only a 3x3. Did see some nice bighorn in the north part of the unit. First time hunting mule deer also but from what I got scouting its a lot of glassing around and being patient. Also, you can download the PLOT app for your smart phone and use that with the GPS.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33