Ariens snow blower??

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ariens creates more work, I have a commercial 420cc, When I first started it I was blowing in front of the house, the wife as watching out the window, I say my feathers were fluffed this thing was throwing snow, I was pretty proud of my purchase, that's when I realized I was blowing all my snow in the neighbors driveway, and that is when the extra work started I had to redo his driveway for him, since he does not run a snow plow his driveway was already done and I filled it back up, A great snowblower it just creates extra work if your not careful

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I see it, you can go faster than a rabbit, but not as slow as a tortoise? Looks too fast for me.

BTW... the reverse on my Ariens is truly winter turtle slow. WAY TOO EFFING slow!!!!!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
My toro had 2 reverse gears 6 forward never used 3,4,5 or 6 but moving the heavy shit i was always in slow mo motion
BTW... the reverse on my Ariens is truly winter turtle slow. WAY TOO EFFING slow!!!!!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My toro had 2 reverse gears 6 forward never used 3,4,5 or 6 but moving the heavy shit i was always in slow mo motion

I'm usually in 1 or 2 forward. The reverse of the Ariens is 1 and 2. Both are painfully SLOW.

I have one section of my driveway where it makes more sense to blow forward, then back out 15', then do another pass alongside the other, for about 10 snowblower widths.

It takes FOREVER to back the 15' or so to do each pass. It's irritating beyond belief.

I understand it's a safety feature to back slow. But every time I use it I wonder if there's not a simple hack to remedy that BS for when I want to reverse less slowly.

- - - Updated - - -

2E8E26FE-3DA0-42C2-AE19-A53B5DAE1659.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if it would be as easy as making more slots as shown in red/white scribbles? I’ll examine linkage and see I guess.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
actually maybe I should just try to adjust the linkage - the max forward speed is way to fast for damn near anything anyway

Maybe I could gain a LOT in reverse and still have excess in forward.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That or spin around 180degrees and have at it,sold my toro as the utv works great and clean up is a snap,if heavy snow is forcasted i'll get out there a couple times so not to be drifted in,last weekend storm had me out 4 times,snowed for two days,plus I clear about 1 arce for my pup to play chuck it ball ,gotta wear his ass out everyday otherwise he drives me crazy with energy.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That or spin around 180degrees and have at it,sold my toro as the utv works great and clean up is a snap,if heavy snow is forcasted i'll get out there a couple times so not to be drifted in,last weekend storm had me out 4 times,snowed for two days,plus I clear about 1 arce for my pup to play chuck it ball ,gotta wear his ass out everyday otherwise he drives me crazy with energy.

spin what around 180?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, the reverse s....u.....c......k.....s I typically just pull mine backwards by hand\manually or do the 180 turn.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93