Ashtabula ice fishing

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any reports for Ashtabula. I have never ice fished it before, but am thinking about heading over Saturday. Are people driving under the bridge at the crossing? I would like to try and fish south of the bridge, but don't know how to access other than north of the bridge unless going all the way down to Eggerts.

Thanks for any info

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
DO NOT DRIVE UNDER THE BRIDGE.

You can get on the lake infront of the bar or possibly straight across the lake from the bar by taking the trail off the hwy.

As for the fishing, it's late January on Ashtabula, it's not very good.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My heart stopped for a moment when I heard drive under the bridge.:whaaaa: I remember when I was about 8 years old my Dad Took some of us kids down there. And a car was heading for the bridge and the whole crowd started waving him off an it kept going and drove right in the open water. They got out ok no one died but I will never forget that. That was about 50+ years ago. Stay safe there’s always a way around every bridge down there. Good Luck fishing!

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any reports for Ashtabula. I have never ice fished it before, but am thinking about heading over Saturday. Are people driving under the bridge at the crossing? I would like to try and fish south of the bridge, but don't know how to access other than north of the bridge unless going all the way down to Eggerts.

Thanks for any info
I sent you a PM. Like others said stay away from the bridges, there is plowed access south of the crossing on both sides of the lake. Ice is 20-24 inches most areas, some snow drifts on the lake but not bad.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52