Baltimore bridge collapse

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

We have some paranoid MFers on this site!!
Remember when covid came out...I am pretty sure this same statement was made...does the sand aroumd your head feel warm and comforting? My tinfoil reflects the heat.

To add a conspiracy is something that would more than likely be unreasonable....how would haking or Chinese govt be considered unreasonable? To me that could definitely be a possibility....now if aliens were involved.....

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I heard right away that China can remote in to those ships, but no one will ever know or prove they shut down the power of that ship remotely.
Why couldn't they remote in? Airplanes are no different and also trains. They are all connected to the web and the companies that own them have the ability to access the computers whenever they want.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Dali ship owners deny all responsibility for deadly Baltimore bridge collapse and call for $43.6m payout cap​

The owners of the Dali container ship involved in the deadly collapse of a Baltimore bridge last week, after it crashed into the structure, have denied responsibility and are seeking to limit their legal liability.

Grace Ocean Private Limited, the ship’s owner, and the manager Synergy Marine Pte said in a federal court filing on Monday that they denied any fault or neglect of the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge that claimed the lives of six construction workers.

The companies are asking for exoneration from liability, but if they are held responsible in lawsuits, the companies are asking for a cap on any payout.

The joint filing, submitted in a Maryland District Court, seeks to cap the companies’ liability at roughly $43.6m.

“The [bridge collapse] was not due to any fault, neglect, or want of care on the part of [ship owner & operator], the Vessel, or any persons or entities for whose acts [ship owner & operator] may be responsible,” the filing stated.

“Alternatively, if any such faults caused or contributed to the [bridge collapse], or to any loss or damage arising out of the [bridge collapse], which is denied, such faults were occasioned and occurred without [ship owner & operator] privity or knowledge.”

The owner and operator of the Dali vessel submitted the filing under the Limitation of Liability Act of 1851, a piece of legislation that enables ship owners to limit their liability for certain claims to the value of the vessel and its cargo at the end of its journey.

The filing estimates that the vessel itself is valued at up to $90m and was owed over $1.1m in income from the freight. They also estimate that repair costs will be at least $28m and at least $19.5m in salvaging the ship.

The 300-metre-long vessel had a cargo of 4,679 containers when it lost power and collided with the bridge in the early hours of the morning on 26 March.

Construction workers were on the 1.6-mile-long bridge at the time of the collapse, with the structure falling into the Patapsco river below.

Two people were rescued shortly after, but six people, all construction workers, remained missing in the days after until two bodies were recovered from the disaster area submerged in the water.

Four people remain missing but have been presumed dead by authorities.
I suppose their argument is it becomes nearly impossible for business to continue with an unknown amount of liability hanging over their head. Nobody in their right mind is going to put cargo on any ship from that company knowing that any day the doors could be chained shut.

That being said, I would be against any judgements regarding liability limits prior to any assessment of the ship, the crew, and its training/maintenance policies and logs.

I don't know diddly squat about operation of any big ships. But, I do know that this incident should have NTSB, Coast Guard, and the Navy at a minimum looking at every single structure over water with commercial boat/ship/barge traffic and assess whether the bridge supports have enough strength and safeguards based on the current and predicted future size of cargo ships.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

We have some paranoid MFers on this site!!
Do you remember this story? I bet you were one of those that laughed it off at the time.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-trump-wiretap-conspiracy-20170322-story.html

Was it conspiracy theory as many claimed or was it fact ?

Have you ever heard the term TRUST BUT VERIFY ?

So called " conspiracy theories " are only proven to be just that or actual fact by never believing the story one is being fed and following all the evidence to prove one way or the other.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m thinking it was space lasers or those animals from south of the border.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why couldn't they remote in? Airplanes are no different and also trains. They are all connected to the web and the companies that own them have the ability to access the computers whenever they want.
I didn't say they couldn't. I just didn't want to chime in off of just hearing about a possibility that I'm sure China made sure no one could ever prove.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you remember this story? I bet you were one of those that laughed it off at the time.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-trump-wiretap-conspiracy-20170322-story.html

Was it conspiracy theory as many claimed or was it fact ?

Have you ever heard the term TRUST BUT VERIFY ?

So called " conspiracy theories " are only proven to be just that or actual fact by never believing the story one is being fed and following all the evidence to prove one way or the other.
Don't care enough to even click on that link....

Better double your tinfoil.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't care enough to even click on that link....

Better double your tinfoil.
you don't have to open the link just read the link - Trump wiretap conspiracy

Was that fact or conspiracy ?

Apparently you care enough to be on this thread and respond, you just don't want to be proven wrong.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
you don't have to open the link just read the link - Trump wiretap conspiracy

Was that fact or conspiracy ?

Apparently you care enough to be on this thread and respond, you just don't want to be proven wrong.
Thicker tinfoil dude. Better get some.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
found it

1712168750366.png

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I didn't say they couldn't. I just didn't want to chime in off of just hearing about a possibility that I'm sure China made sure no one could ever prove.
Agree with you...and if they could prove china could do it...not one of us peons will ever know about it.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that Chinese ballon, the one that was just a weather ballon, but went over some our bases? Remember they said it just went with the wind and couldn't be controlled but we found out they could steer it wherever they wanted it to go.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that Chinese ballon, the one that was just a weather ballon, but went over some our bases? Remember they said it just went with the wind and couldn't be controlled but we found out they could steer it wherever they wanted it to go.
Only version currently available on YT:

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member

Dali ship owners deny all responsibility for deadly Baltimore bridge collapse and call for $43.6m payout cap​

The owners of the Dali container ship involved in the deadly collapse of a Baltimore bridge last week, after it crashed into the structure, have denied responsibility and are seeking to limit their legal liability.

Grace Ocean Private Limited, the ship’s owner, and the manager Synergy Marine Pte said in a federal court filing on Monday that they denied any fault or neglect of the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge that claimed the lives of six construction workers.

The companies are asking for exoneration from liability, but if they are held responsible in lawsuits, the companies are asking for a cap on any payout.

The joint filing, submitted in a Maryland District Court, seeks to cap the companies’ liability at roughly $43.6m.

“The [bridge collapse] was not due to any fault, neglect, or want of care on the part of [ship owner & operator], the Vessel, or any persons or entities for whose acts [ship owner & operator] may be responsible,” the filing stated.

“Alternatively, if any such faults caused or contributed to the [bridge collapse], or to any loss or damage arising out of the [bridge collapse], which is denied, such faults were occasioned and occurred without [ship owner & operator] privity or knowledge.”

The owner and operator of the Dali vessel submitted the filing under the Limitation of Liability Act of 1851, a piece of legislation that enables ship owners to limit their liability for certain claims to the value of the vessel and its cargo at the end of its journey.

The filing estimates that the vessel itself is valued at up to $90m and was owed over $1.1m in income from the freight. They also estimate that repair costs will be at least $28m and at least $19.5m in salvaging the ship.

The 300-metre-long vessel had a cargo of 4,679 containers when it lost power and collided with the bridge in the early hours of the morning on 26 March.

Construction workers were on the 1.6-mile-long bridge at the time of the collapse, with the structure falling into the Patapsco river below.

Two people were rescued shortly after, but six people, all construction workers, remained missing in the days after until two bodies were recovered from the disaster area submerged in the water.

Four people remain missing but have been presumed dead by authorities.
No worries, I heard that Joe and Hunter were going to pay for it from their petty slush fund!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember when covid came out...I am pretty sure this same statement was made...does the sand aroumd your head feel warm and comforting? My tinfoil reflects the heat.

To add a conspiracy is something that would more than likely be unreasonable....how would haking or Chinese govt be considered unreasonable? To me that could definitely be a possibility....now if aliens were involved.....

Why? Because it could easily be construed as an act of war which demands a military response. With today's spy networks, moles in high places, etc, etc, there should be zero expectation of being able to keep anything like that a secret. Something like this would leave a trail that can't be covered.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90