Best kicks?

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
My back has been messed up for many years plus the fact that I'm getting old is making me look into better footwear for standing in a boat all day. I struggle to sit and relax when out fishing and sometimes my hush puppies pay for it. I usually wear keen sandals but they are somewhat bulky/heavy and can make my feet sore by the end of a day. They are breathable, which is nice. Curious to know if anyone has unlocked the secret to perfect footwear in a boat.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have tried the crocs and tennis shoes but for me my columbia hikers that are the most comfortable shoe on land for me are the only ones I can stand in the boat and not notice my aching feet like with my other shoes.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can stand for days on end in my Crocs.

If you can't catch a 30 minute limit of walleyes while wearing these bad boys, sell the boat. They even have the 4-wheel drive straps for when a guy needs to pull the dog kennel up from the bottom of the lake to fill her up during tournament pre-fishing!
https://www.crocs.com/p/classic-all-terrain-camo-clog/208062.html?cgid=men-footwear&cid=2UG#&origin=category&srule=EinsteinDefault5050 (7day)&start=82&sz=196
Haha. I’ll take a look.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have tried the crocs and tennis shoes but for me my columbia hikers that are the most comfortable shoe on land for me are the only ones I can stand in the boat and not notice my aching feet like with my other shoes.
This sounds like what I’m looking for.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As others have said - Crocs. In spring/fall when little cooler found that getting cheap sneakers one size too big worn with thicker socks is comfortable all day as well...tied really loose!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
F3CA74F5-9065-443B-B54B-CBFF3DC1B17D.jpeg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
At age 52, I'm starting to experience Plantar Fasciitis (sp). It sucks. First thing in the morning, my heels hurt pretty bad. Saw a doc, and he said my days of wearing crappy shoes are over. No more Vans, Dudes, Converse, Airwalks. No more going barefoot. And I went barefoot a lot!

So, Brooks are the shoes he recommended, or if I want sandals, he said Chaco brand. He said "it's up to you, but if you want to feel better, take care of your feet".

I've been wearing Brooks all summer, and it's much much better. It apparently takes a while to reverse the years of wear and tear on my feet, and I'm not terribly overweight, so it could have been much worse.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Skechers memory foam slip on or lace up.

And +1 on red wing boots with shorts.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
At age 52, I'm starting to experience Plantar Fasciitis (sp). It sucks. First thing in the morning, my heels hurt pretty bad. Saw a doc, and he said my days of wearing crappy shoes are over. No more Vans, Dudes, Converse, Airwalks. No more going barefoot. And I went barefoot a lot!

So, Brooks are the shoes he recommended, or if I want sandals, he said Chaco brand. He said "it's up to you, but if you want to feel better, take care of your feet".

I've been wearing Brooks all summer, and it's much much better. It apparently takes a while to reverse the years of wear and tear on my feet, and I'm not terribly overweight, so it could have been much worse.
Nobody makes better old man sneakers than New Balance in my opinion. The Koreans are feet magicians.

here-is-a-rare-photo-of-a-middle-american-male-52106522.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93