Birds

bilbo

Honored Member
Robins eh? Better step up to a Cooper's hawk. Best way to bring the coops to the yard is with bird feeders and a bird bath. But then there's more passerines to decimate your berries...have you tried scare tape yet?

1667430152957.png

A couple of years ago I was sitting inside my camper in the driveway and watching the birds at the feeders. Suddenly, they all flew away and got quiet, except for one dove that hung around. After a few seconds he (or she) took off toward the road and BAM! A Coopers Hawk smashed it! The dove was dead in the road and the hawk landed a few feet from it and sat there looking around. He had that look like 'Yeah, I'm bad," then grabbed the dove and took off. It was one of the coolest, most brutal nature scene's I've ever been able to witness.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had my first Oriole this morning!! Was getting a little worried they didn't make it back. Cool to see and hear every morning while having coffee.

A pair showed up this morning , It's nice to see some spring colors, Green and Orange looks good after seeing everything in black and white for a few months.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a couple show up the day before tomorrow , It was good to see a few new Spring colors. Green and Orange looks good after seeing everything in black and white for a long time . Haha, Patched the cracks in the gray areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Gray or Grey ?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There are 50 shades of Gray or Grey, so I am told.:;:rockit

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have this big old Rooster Pheasant that keeps me entertained every morning. Got his spring mating colors on, ear tuffs and all. Must be Morman cause he got a coupla girls with him.

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bunch of Orioles showed up here 2 days ago. Started out with oranges, but now Jelly, they certainly enjoy that! One nice thing from Pandemic is to see the birds that have showed up at the feeders, from Grosbeak to finches and some little yellow things that look like warblers, they certainly are a breathe of fresh air. With the spike in temps, the bug eaters should get their bellies filled starting tonight as well!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55