Bismarck roads and driving

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I guess we will just have to disagree. Am I in the "ship dept"?
Absolutely disagree if you are part of the problem..maybe fix it? How many people in here said the system is great???? If that was my job I would definitely do some internal reviewing...but like I said I called and if the dept is full of the same mentality of employees it's no surprise our light system is a mess.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am 36 and grew up in Minot. Spent alot of time in Bismarck and even as a teenager realized how bad it was. Back then I associated alot of it with a LOT of old people pulling out in front, driving under speed limit, lane cutting people off, not getting up to speed of traffic on I94 on ramps, side by side drivers, timing of lights that make you slam the brakes. etc.

I dont think people who have lived here their whole life realize how bad it really is. I have lived here 12 years now and like someone else said, my blood pressure goes up daily.

I agree with all above, there is alot of seperate issues its hard to even wrap your head around how inefficient it is. Keeps my gas mileage down and brake shops in business, thats for sure.
Agree I travel all over our country big cities small cities places with substantially higher traffic volumes then bis and bis is by far the worst. Yes many thing contribute to it but in my opinion a majority is the light system we have in place.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Young children are fighting cancer on a daily basis and the amount of time it takes for some people to travel in Bismarck is a significant inconvenience??
Yes yes it is. While I wouldn’t wish that on anyone and certainly sympathize with anyone that’s dealing with it I don’t feel demanding more for what we pay in taxes is out of line. The way our taxes continue to increase the more pressure we need to apply to our government to not suck ass at their jobs. Fair?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree I travel all over our country big cities small cities places with substantially higher traffic volumes then bis and bis is by far the worst. Yes many thing contribute to it but in my opinion a majority is the light system we have in place.

ND should send traffic engineers to SLC Utah to see what proper design is.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cell phones are also an issue , especially at red lights when they turn green, I am on my second horn I upgraded to a particularly loud one ,
I like when you honk at someone because of this and they act like it's your fault...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^^^^^ Ha ha, yep get the finger or arms thrown in the air because you honk the horn at some DUMB FUCK on the phone or not paying attention when the light turns green.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cell phones are also an issue , especially at red lights when they turn green, I am on my second horn I upgraded to a particularly loud one ,
I would just sit there through the light if someone honked at me.

That's just plain stupid. If you would really do that , then I hope you do it to the wrong guy and he gets out and slaps you silly.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's just plain stupid. If you would really do that , then I hope you do it to the wrong guy and he gets out and slaps you silly.
2nd amendment trumps assault. You might want to know who you are road raging against.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
2nd amendment trumps assault. You might want to know who you are road raging against.
You do know that sitting through a green light is illegal right..unless unsafe to go(impeding traffic/reckless).Lots of dash cams around and can be used against you. It also speaks loudly as to who you are as a person. You violate a law (cause they don’t usually apply to you)buy being on your phone or whatever the reason is for you to be honked at then if they do honk at you to get your attention to move on you make it worse and will sit there through the light because you of course didn’t do anything wrong right? I have met many people in my day like you..usually big tough talker until shit goes down and then run or play the it wasn’t me excuse…remember cameras are everywhere.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another repeat: Look at the fucking spacing:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Move to Minneapolis where you would fit in tough guy, we don't want POS people like you described here in ND.
Do you think ND wants tough guys like you who would physically assault someone for a traffic situation? Glad to know you are against the 2nd amendment and the right for selfdefense. You are the one who promoted road rage, defending one self from a road rage lunatic such as yourself is not being a tough guy it’s a constitutional right. Your line of thinking would fit in Minneapolis more than mine. You should seek counseling for your anger issues.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33