Bismarck roads and driving

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND, East of Edgeley 8-10 miles
I know where it is, my dad grew up there. Dad’s uncle had the gas station/auto repair shop. I can’t remember any restaurant, the bar must’ve served food?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know where it is, my dad grew up there. Dad’s uncle had the gas station/auto repair shop. I can’t remember any restaurant, the bar must’ve served food?
I don't remember the particulars but I think there was a food truck that set up by the bar or hall. There was some construction crews around they were feeding. One of the bikers was maybe a local and knew about it, not sure.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know where it is, my dad grew up there. Dad’s uncle had the gas station/auto repair shop. I can’t remember any restaurant, the bar must’ve served food.
You are right, no restaurant/cafe in Berlin. The bar had pizzas and frozen sandwiches. The last owner I believe was Greg Pederson

And the Ellingson's owned the gas station/ repair shop

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you dont like the stupid bike lanes, support candidates who oppose them like Connelly... We have a bunch of lefties in the city commission currently.
We have bike trails around lake Metigoshe right beside the road and a few bikers still use the road. It grinds my gears since there's no safe place to pass up there, especially when pulling a boat. I say If they use tax payers money to fund a bike trail then at least make it mandatory for bikes to use them. I usually roll down my window and give them hell and they give me a dumb look like they just fell off the turnip wagon.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have bike trails around lake Metigoshe right beside the road and a few bikers still use the road. It grinds my gears since there's no safe place to pass up there, especially when pulling a boat. I say If they use tax payers money to fund a bike trail then at least make it mandatory for bikes to use them. I usually roll down my window and give them hell and they give me a dumb look like they just fell off the turnip wagon.
I think there may be some rules about bikers supposed to use the bike lanes, and also cars can be fined for driving on them, but not one follows those because really there are maybe 100 bikers out of the 70k residents and even they can only use them like 5 months out of the year or whatever unless they are ultra hardcore... Its just stupid

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you dont like the stupid bike lanes, support candidates who oppose them like Connelly... We have a bunch of lefties in the city commission currently.
Does he support continued spending on the city of parks BS?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are right, no restaurant/cafe in Berlin. The bar had pizzas and frozen sandwiches. The last owner I believe was Greg Pederson

And the Ellingson's owned the gas station/ repair shop
Glen is my Grandma's Brother.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Grandparents own the farmstead to the south of Berlin on 13. Your grandmother is good friends with my grandmother.
RN and DVN are the two ladies I can remember being @ grandma and grandpa’s house as “grandma’s friends”.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
if you don't like the traffic in Bismarck try drive around in off peak traffic, my work hours are off peak and I've got no complaints. I did do 30 years of metro Detroit traffic, you all are insulated if you ask me... but that is an insulted argument,

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you don't like the traffic in Bismarck try drive around in off peak traffic, my work hours are off peak and I've got no complaints. I did do 30 years of metro Detroit traffic, you all are insulated if you ask me... but that is an insulted argument,
It’s still not that great on off peak hours either. It’s better yes but still can’t figure out why you sit at red lights on arterial roads when zero cars are at the intersection.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s still not that great on off peak hours either. It’s better yes but still can’t figure out why you sit at red lights on arterial roads when zero cars are at the intersection.
funny, I'm not the guy to stare at a red light.. I can think critical.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that may very well be….. but you can’t communicate your thoughts worth a shit. Please explain what in the actual phuck you are trying to say here.
You stop for a red light then proceed through it when there's no danger. I've done it with cops. I hope you're in no danger as I'm due at least two punches in the face.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well that may very well be….. but you can’t communicate your thoughts worth a shit. Please explain what in the actual phuck you are trying to say here.
I thought the statement was pretty obvious.. perhaps for a thinking man.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 117
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 46