bison upset duke...

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another who fan. And can see right through the so called fan that brought up Alabama.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha your drunk a shot now that Zion is back. I am a UNC fan and would love to see duke loose. I got 100 bucks on duke any one down be the best 100 I have ever spent but pretty sure I will have 200 if any super fan is dumb enough to bet on there team.

Im a UNC guy too. UNC shot 4-27 from 3pt land gave up 31 to the monster himself and still only lost to duke by one. If UNC shoots Avg and plays D and I understand that a big If in that bracket as its chalk full of Blue bloods a duke UNC national championship making it round 4 this year could be very possible.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im a UNC guy too. UNC shot 4-27 from 3pt land gave up 31 to the monster himself and still only lost to duke by one. If UNC shoots Avg and plays D and I understand that a big If in that bracket as its chalk full of Blue bloods a duke UNC national championship making it round 4 this year could be very possible.

I am hoping so. My mom is a huge Duke fan me UNC a few different times i got grounded because UNC won haha. I used to really get in to college bball but since every one leaves so early it has been hard to follow as much

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'm always curious, how is it people come to be fans of college programs that are not there alma matter, local to them, or the pride of their state?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was a young lad maybe 5-6 years old don’t remember . Fab five playing UNC I remember rooting for UNC not sure why if they were the underdog not really sure but I have been a blue blood since then. I’ve toned it back and don’t watch nearly like I use too. Couldn’t even name the 5 starters but honestly for these big schools exactly 0 months matters until March and april

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was a young lad maybe 5-6 years old don’t remember . Fab five playing UNC I remember rooting for UNC not sure why if they were the underdog not really sure but I have been a blue blood since then. I’ve toned it back and don’t watch nearly like I use too. Couldn’t even name the 5 starters but honestly for these big schools exactly 0 months matters until March and april

I was a freshman when Weber called that timeout

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
For a ten year old in ND the fab 5 was the coolest thing ever, and so was UNC. And if you like snobby high society types, Duke. ;).

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Another who fan. And can see right through the so called fan that brought up Alabama.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not a “who” fan. Very proud of the degree I earned at NDSU. I’m only throwing a dose of reality in the mix. Just like the debate of class A vs Class B ball. I grew up in a small class B town. I always talked crap to my A friends but I always knew the resource pool is night and day difference. Not looking to rain on anyone parade. I’ll be cheering for the Bison on Wednesday.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was a freshman when Weber called that timeout

Ive been a die hard UNC guy since then. Even have must be my 6th school picture with parted hair down the middle gel all slicks looking and my UNC jersey on yep the women flocked to me.....haha not

- - - Updated - - -

If I can find that photo it would belong in the ha ha thread.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDSU has very young team this year, no seniors. They've come a long ways since the season started and have played really well the last half. Yeah SDSU was the best team in the Summit League by far but they shit the bed in game 1 of the tourney. NDSU got on a roll and won 3 in a row to get to the dance. They got a great opportunity to win a game on national TV and earn another slice of money from the tourney for all the Summit League teams. Win and they get even more exposure on Friday against Duke. Sure they will probably get pummeled in that game but about 90% of the field will playing Duke. Can't beat the exposure and experience for the team. GO BISON!

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member

Id love to see it, as a Duke fan, but odds or slim to 0 . Both have Flaws. At full strength , if they play good and stay out of foul trouble Duke wont be beaten. Lots of ifs, You have to remember they still weren't full strength Friday, missing Bolden a starter who makes big impact inside. I thought both teams played very average, poor at times, Duke had multiple chances to stretch the lead to double digits late in the game but poor shots and turnovers by Barrett opened the door . But that doesn't matter, Im sure unc could care less that they lost Friday, extra day of rest. And I get kick out of all the b*tching by Mich state fans, mad cuz they are in dukes region , they lost to Indiana twice, and Illinois!!!! They aren't a 1 seed. Now having said that they are a good team . Team I Think really got hosed was UNC . Assuming both teams take care of business , they'll have to play Kentucky in the regional final in Louisville !! WOW.. Go bison, take care of business tomorrow and then shake hands with coach k and Zion, be something they remember forever . Like I previously mentioned, duke will take it easy on them, be something like Duke 85 NDSU 65, GO BISON!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's Sluggo got to say about all of this? He's a good ol ND boy, but a die hard Duke fan.

Sluggo?

Since I have been forced into the fray.....I have been a Duke fan for 30 years. Started in college when I could only pull in a couple channels and I believe I ended up watching the ACC tourney which Duke did well in and then the NCAA tourney. Then the following year, I saw them again and back then, they had the same players more than 1 year and I thought, "hey, I remember most of those guys", let's see how they do and the rest is history. I have been to a Duke road game and 1 home game so far. Very fun. Both my kids are huge Duke fans too, I indoctrinated them I guess.

My daughter and I went to Cameron for a game a couple years ago and the next day we drove to the UNC campus. I wanted to go look inside the Dean dome but my daughter refused, she didn't want to be seen in that place.

If Duke plays NDSU, I think the smart money would be on Duke.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;hijacked

I got lucky and won a couple NCAA BB pools in college (90s). Used to be a major fan.

But commercials, insane levels of hype, and athletes being treated like Greek Gods has me doing something else... anything else.

I sure miss it. But "it" doesn't really exist anymore. It's seems to me it's no longer focused on the athletics - that's just a side topic. :(

Anywho... carry on! :;:rockit

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;hijacked

I got lucky and won a couple NCAA BB pools in college (90s). Used to be a major fan.

But commercials, insane levels of hype, and athletes being treated like Greek Gods has me doing something else... anything else.

I sure miss it. But "it" doesn't really exist anymore. It's seems to me it's no longer focused on the athletics - that's just a side topic. :(

Anywho... carry on! :;:rockit

And stay off Guy's lawn!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
giphy.gif

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I have been forced into the fray.....I have been a Duke fan for 30 years. Started in college when I could only pull in a couple channels and I believe I ended up watching the ACC tourney which Duke did well in and then the NCAA tourney. Then the following year, I saw them again and back then, they had the same players more than 1 year and I thought, "hey, I remember most of those guys", let's see how they do and the rest is history. I have been to a Duke road game and 1 home game so far. Very fun. Both my kids are huge Duke fans too, I indoctrinated them I guess.

My daughter and I went to Cameron for a game a couple years ago and the next day we drove to the UNC campus. I wanted to go look inside the Dean dome but my daughter refused, she didn't want to be seen in that place.

If Duke plays NDSU, I think the smart money would be on Duke.

I haven’t been to Cameron yet but I’ve been to couple regional finals . Last year and in 2015 in Houston . I already have my rooms and tickets for Minneapolis. If they lose I’m not going . Hoping they make it it would be lots of fun it’s only 5 hour drive for me

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven’t been to Cameron yet but I’ve been to couple regional finals . Last year and in 2015 in Houston . I already have my rooms and tickets for Minneapolis. If they lose I’m not going . Hoping they make it it would be lots of fun it’s only 5 hour drive for me

Oh man! I was reminded several times that the final 4 is in Minneapolis. If you go, I will need a full report.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh man! I was reminded several times that the final 4 is in Minneapolis. If you go, I will need a full report.

I have rooms 5 miles from us bank stadium and tickets for both the semifinals and final , hope they make it there . Went to the sweet 16 in Omaha last year was a blast ! Except losing to Kansas

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 40
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15