Black sauger

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man I love catching saugers. Never got one this black before. Pic is off the inter web. If I caught one like this I would prob mount it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be careful what you post Sub or the headlines will read

White man Kills, fillets, and eats unarmed black sauger. The BSLM gangs will be rioting, trashing cleaning stations and burning down baits shops near you.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you suppose these "saugers" are subject to unnesscary fishy police brutality?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be careful what you post Sub or the headlines will read

White man Kills, fillets, and eats unarmed black sauger. The BSLM gangs will be rioting, trashing cleaning stations and burning down baits shops near you.

Cleaning station at the Garrison Dam tailrace is already closed (for the season?). Could just as well trash it, for as often as it's open.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jay Kay, It was open a week ago as there was guys cleaning catfish there, drove by Saturday and it was closed. Maybe someone plugged it up again. :;:huh

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put the dang heads of those cats in the garbage can (probably not one available) and grind the rest. I've never seen that cleaning station usable when i've fished the race.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
attachment.php
How about black and gold?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sauger was caught on the river between Nipawin Sk., and Tobin lake 2 years ago. Measured 19" and looked like it was painted with an airbrush, very deep, and dark colors. Let it go to be caught by another lucky fisherman!

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Color of walleyes/sauger mainly is the water they live and grow up in. Pale Green Winnipeg walleyes is from the Limestone in Lake Winnipeg. Most of these DARK eyes and sauger are caught in Canada where Tannins in the water make the fish darker. If you want a black eye or sauger NW Ontario is the best place there are some lakes with so much tannin in the water they are all black.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49