Blizzard?? What Blizzard??

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the weather folks were a bit over exuberant on the warnings. We got a nice 3 inch blanket of white this morning, very little wind, and a balmy 27 degrees. Hope it stays like this. I can handle these kinds of winter weather warnings. Very Not Bad!!! Hope all is well out in NDA land for the rest of you reprobates out there.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple inches of snow yesterday and wind gusting 30-40 the last couple hours in Bismarck, not real nice.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple inches of snow yesterday and wind gusting 30-40 the last couple hours in Bismarck, not real nice.

Yucky!! I hope we can skip the wind. Stay Safe Zoops!!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bismarck here also - glad to finally see some snow. That’s usually what it takes for the turkeys to fall into a very predictable pattern. If it all works out I will finally be taking my daughter out next weekend.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, the same. 2-3" , few flurries yet and light winds at this stage over by Jmst

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
3-4 inches in Casselton of sticky snow. Supposedly another shot coming this afternoon with winds climbing to 25, gusting to 40-50. We will see how it plays out I guess :;:huh

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The weather forecasts have went to shit, the weather people don't know shit, all they they do is look at a computer and believe what it says

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate shoveling. Just finished the sidewalks, pathways, and door areas. I might be a bit outta shape, but the jury is still out. I hope when my vision isn't blurry, my breathing is below 90 breaths a minute, my heart rate is back below 200 beats per minute, and I can stand without support I'll know for sure.

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Close to a foot on the ground here in GF. Wind is bad enough in town, can't imagine what it's like in the open.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got about 5-6 inches in Minot...wind picking up a little. She's gonna be cold next couple days tho - maybe make a little ice.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The weather forecasts have went to shit, the weather people don't know shit, all they they do is look at a computer and believe what it says

As opposed to.....looking at the sky? I'm pretty sure Mother Nature does what she wants regardless of the method to predict Her.

Even the cavemen used to say "Weatherman suck....blizzard no happen". It's a problem as old as time.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, got to go move the wife's car and get it ready for morning blow out. Snow piles up on our driveway when it comes out of the northwest. Will see how Subi handels a little snow. LB

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Walking a half mile straight north, open ground, from my stand tonight told me its cold, windy and it felt like a storm. Yes, it was a bitch of a walk for a 75 year old. db

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Drove from Steele up HWY 3 to Canadian border this afternoon. No road issues other than a few short stretches of compacted show but didn't seem real slippery. Pretty much drove 65-70 and occasionally slowed to about 50. Visibility a mile or more most of the time. More snow the further north I drove but didn't seen anything resembling a blizzard. I guess we shouldn't complain when we don't get the predicted blizzard.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walking a half mile straight north, open ground, from my stand tonight told me its cold, windy and it felt like a storm. Yes, it was a bitch of a walk for a 75 year old. db
That's awesome, mclovin' it dB.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

Why aren't you in your kitchen???????

- - - Updated - - -

Ground blizzard in Casselton - or more specifically just out of town. Whiteout on HWY 10

I29 closed from Canada to SD

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was pretty nasty yesterday afternoon and last night. I'd say some areas definitely had blizzard conditions. Hard to predict everybody's exact locations conditions when your talking regional weather events. I will say they've been way more accurate with these things over the last 10-20 years though so the models must be getting better.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Left Fargo yesterday at about 12:30, headed to Bismarck. Roads between Fargo and Valley City were fine. Got worse towards Jamestown. More snow and the wind was picking up. Just west of Jamestown, came across three semi's jacknifed in the ditch. One was straddling the west-bound lanes, nearly blocking everything, and just west of the incident was a hill. People coming over the hill had no place to go. There were people standing on the highway, jumping up and down and waving their arms. I hope all turned out okay. I could see that turning into a BIG problem.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88