Body found in Cannonball River

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just heard there was a body found in the Cannonball River. Haven't heard any details, but guessing a protester. If it is, funny how a water protector fell to the demise of water! But who knows what the hell went on down there. Could be a case of karma is a bitch!

- - - Updated - - -

Guess it was found at the mouth of the Missouri. Little write up in the Bismarck Tribune.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best to wait to see how long they have been dead before we start the I told you so stuff. That said there are at least two small camps running in the area that I have seen and quite possibly more so even new may still be protest related.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Highway has been open for a few weeks now. Still lots of law enforcement down there though.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://bismarcktribune.com/news/local/mandan/police-identify-body-found-near-cannonball-river/article_7d5ac75a-22f3-563f-aa97-06695abdae2e.html

Police identified Damjan Nedelkovski, 35, of Glendale, Calif., as the man found dead along the Cannonball River Sunday.

An autopsy conducted Monday showed there was no trauma to the body to suspect any foul play. The cause of death is still pending and authorities are unsure how long the body was in the river.

Nedelkovski was found by a local fisherman around 11:30 a.m. The Morton County Sheriff’s Department responded to the call.

Officers found a Republic of Macedonia identification card on his person, and family within the United States and Eastern Europe have been contacted.

Family and friends report that their last contact with Nedelkovski was on Oct. 29. His stepbrother filed a missing person report with the Glendale Police Department on Nov. 16. Nedelkovski was known to be at the protest camps.

The Morton County Sheriff’s Department is asking anyone with any additional information regarding Nedelkovski’s whereabouts between Oct. 29 and Sunday to contact the department at 701-667-3330.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody notice that whenr a college student goes missing after a boozefest that it seems like they find them in the river 90% of the time?

Why is that? At least that's what I've noticed the last 10 years in MN news accounts. Every time one goes missing I now mumble to myself "did you check the river?" So strange.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
If more folks are missing I suspect more will float up as the water warms unless they are weighted down or stuck under floating tree limbs and such.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to the Sheriff the condition of the body leads them to believe he was not in the water very long. Was he buried under the snow or where has he been for the last 5 months?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38