boom-boom!

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's 10:10 pm on the 4th, and the fireworks at the Capitol Grounds have been going for about 10 minutes. I always chuckle at the fuddy-duddies that complain after the fireworks show about "all the noise". They are upset that the ruckus bothers them and their sleep. I feel that the 4th of July is a celebration of The United States of America's freedom and independent formation. Once a year we celebrate this glorious day and what it stands for--if you don't like the noise and festivities, maybe you should move to another country (Careful, you might end up under the grasp of a dictatorship or the unrest and bombings like Bosnia.) Just salute the American flag, sing a patriotic song, and maybe even light the fuse on a Black Cat! Get with the program!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some idiots blew off works in school parking lot then they put the garbage in dumpster now the dumpster lit on fire took away the freedom of some vol firemen for trash that u should of made sure wasn't hot.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that show was an epic pile of shit! They set off the grand finale 15 minutes before the show should have even started if done properly !!! I think it's time to move the show to the Memorial Bridge like so many other places do and that would give them a lot more people a lot more area to sit.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
The burn ban and the fourth falling on a Tuesday, was a real buzzkill. I love the free fireworks display you get driving down 83. This year the sky was just dark.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were off the water all weekend with plenty of daylight. That usually doesn't happen. Sucks to not have a show in everyone's back yard. Having to work the day after the 4th kinda sucks too but oh well.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that show was an epic pile of shit! They set off the grand finale 15 minutes before the show should have even started if done properly !!! I think it's time to move the show to the Memorial Bridge like so many other places do and that would give them a lot more people a lot more area to sit.

I guess I'd rather not have all the fireworks trash in the water afterwards.

Regarding the burn ban, it's unfortunate, but it's also mother nature. Doesn't really pay to complain about it.

FWIW, came back into town (from the north) at about 9 last night, and there must have been some heavy (localized) rain. The ditches north of town had standing water... Far too late though, to suddenly change the burn ban.

Also, calling the free fireworks display an "epic pile of shit" is certainly within your rights as an American - many people have paid for that right for you. But if you hated it so much, perhaps you should have done something else with your time.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'd rather not have all the fireworks trash in the water afterwards.

Regarding the burn ban, it's unfortunate, but it's also mother nature. Doesn't really pay to complain about it.

FWIW, came back into town (from the north) at about 9 last night, and there must have been some heavy (localized) rain. The ditches north of town had standing water... Far too late though, to suddenly change the burn ban.

Also, calling the free fireworks display an "epic pile of shit" is certainly within your rights as an American - many people have paid for that right for you. But if you hated it so much, perhaps you should have done something else with your time.

There ya go, being all rational again.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not gonna lie, I have enjoyed the fireworks ban. I don't mind fireworks on the fourth, its the week before and after that idiots think they need to light them off at midnight. Also Memory fireworks and their week night displays get old quick.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's 10:10 pm on the 4th, and the fireworks at the Capitol Grounds have been going for about 10 minutes. I always chuckle at the fuddy-duddies that complain after the fireworks show about "all the noise". They are upset that the ruckus bothers them and their sleep. I feel that the 4th of July is a celebration of The United States of America's freedom and independent formation. Once a year we celebrate this glorious day and what it stands for--if you don't like the noise and festivities, maybe you should move to another country (Careful, you might end up under the grasp of a dictatorship or the unrest and bombings like Bosnia.) Just salute the American flag, sing a patriotic song, and maybe even light the fuse on a Black Cat! Get with the program!

Don't get old, you won't enjoy it.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The burn ban and the fourth falling on a Tuesday, was a real buzzkill. I love the free fireworks display you get driving down 83. This year the sky was just dark.

Sorry to hear that our nations birthday falling on a week day was such a "buzzkill". Maybe you can get a petition going to make it a permanent Sat holiday, would that be ok for you?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm shocked how few people broke the ban on setting them off last night. Figured there would be a fairly steady stream of random shots going off but it was pretty damn quiet.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear that our nations birthday falling on a week day was such a "buzzkill". Maybe you can get a petition going to make it a permanent Sat holiday, would that be ok for you?
Sure, still doesn't change the fact my employer made us get up at 5 in the morning this year, and likely next year. But 2019 should be fun.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently more people are law-abiding, than you'd have thought?
Well considering how many people light off fireworks inside city limits on any given 4th it's a little surpriseing how few people out of town were not lighting them off this year.

And as for the city spending thousands of dollars on fireworks they set off in the daytime yeah that's pretty stupid and you don't have to be military to notice a needless waste of money. Hell Moorhead Minnesota set off theirs at 10:30 and they are 200 miles further over the horizon then we are. As for being there i wasn't I had just finished fishing and was driving into town when I was shocked to see the smoke (since it was still to bright to see much of the fireworks) against the western horizon.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice thread. I guess some people are not happy unless they're miserable. Life is too short to be a grump-ass!!!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well considering how many people light off fireworks inside city limits on any given 4th it's a little surpriseing how few people out of town were not lighting them off this year.

And as for the city spending thousands of dollars on fireworks they set off in the daytime yeah that's pretty stupid and you don't have to be military to notice a needless waste of money. Hell Moorhead Minnesota set off theirs at 10:30 and they are 200 miles further over the horizon then we are. As for being there i wasn't I had just finished fishing and was driving into town when I was shocked to see the smoke (since it was still to bright to see much of the fireworks) against the western horizon.

Agreed. Fireworks have been illegal in town, for the past many years, and that typically hasn't slowed many people down.

I would have expected to see some out north of town last night, but maybe it was too early/light out.

It really is darn dry out though. I would feel pretty bad if I set something off, that ended up burning down my neighbors house.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have to admit that I enjoyed the ban. (Does this suggest that I am getting old?) Enjoy the public displays, but have grown tired of seeing all of the garbage and spent fireworks discarded on sandbars, Fox Island landing, etc. Last year we picked-up 3 large contractor bags of spent fireworks on sandbar south of Bismarck. Impressed that most obeyed the ban this year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 33