cap guns

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got to carry away with the bill 1155 and went back in time to clear the mind.

When i was young my dad bought my older brother a Nichols cap gun which was king back then. Got to play with it a time or two. Later bought my own Nichols Deninger which i brought to school to show my friends. At that time no big deal doing that. Have no idea what happen to both guns.

I have always wanted a Nichols 45 and a Hubley 45 cap gun. Could not find in those days until ebay came to be. Did find one years ago at a flea market but the price was $700 in the box. But getting older, grandson and it was time.

A couple of months ago bought a Hubley and Nichols Deninger on ebay. One month ago, bought a Nichols 45. Great shape and all works. And now bought a Hubley 45. Needed love and does need bullets. With the love now works well, cleaned up and need to paint cylinder gold. Not sure what to use on that.
Took one of my holsters, bought conchos for his name on back and other items. Had one cap gun holster that i put conchos on which include his initial on and now need a belt. Of the two they are both great cap guns and not sure which is the best. Plan to make hardwood grips with the Eastwood snake for the Hubley.

Birthday coming up, need bullets, round caps and the fun will begin for the two of us.

Mind is better and much clearer. Looking at the Hubley riflemen cap rifle now. Got western spurs and need cowboy hat, vest and chaps. Did also purchase two Roy Rogers double holsters and guns so other grandkids will join in. Life can be good if one wants it. db

Attachments

20230405_203052[1].jpg
Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, chaps, cowboy hat, and vest all hang in my closet.
I rarely wear the cowboy hat, but put the vest on almost every time I ride, the chaps maybe 2-3 times a year in the early part of the riding season.

Grease happens.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Roy Rogers for the rest of the gang db

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good stuff Db . one of the fun things about having grandkids is that you get to have a second childhood.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
i liked the smell of caps being shot
That brings back memories , I liked that smell too. I don't remember ever getting a cap gun but I went through many rolls of caps . I'd roll them out and hit the dots with a rock or a hammer. I still got a bang out of them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84