Carbon Credits

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am seriously entertained and interested in how you are paying for bad decisions? I was talking about CO2. You brought this up, so please enlighten me or keep it about CO2.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am seriously entertained and interested in how you are paying for bad decisions? I was talking about CO2. You brought this up, so please enlighten me or keep it about CO2.
First thing is no matter what info I provide you will not agree. Again who is the dumb one? The one that is trying to convince said person or the one that is not going to be convinced no matter what. I would say the person trying to convince. The next thing is the CONSUMER always pays the price. Your starting to convince me you are part of the decision making process at MDU as well. This was related to the PSC which I stated MDU knows how to manage..Basically PSC is shit in my opinion. But to back up the CONSUMER always pays the price. That's your enlightenment and I will go no further.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Of course the consumer pays. Are you an MDU customer? I was just curious? I was talking about co2 pipeline. You changed it to something I know quite a bit about. Electric industry. I can change to Ottertail, Capital electric, mgs, whoever. I just know how the industry works, not one particular company.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am an MDU customer. I just commented in regards to PSC and my comment was directed at them and how shitty they are as an example I through MDU out there. I agree they have politicians and in my opinion CEO's and executives in there mind when making decisions....not the better good of the consumer or even an equal balance in mind.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ok. I am an REC customer. Not naming the name. There price is similar to the investor owned. Same price per kw and roughly same bullshit fee's. What pisses me off is the REC is "non profit ". But my bill is the same as investor owned utilities that are making money and paying share holders. REC bills should be significantly less.

Do you know why REC's don't go to the PSC? They don't have to, there bills are not regulated by PSC. They can do what they want. Sorry to get off topic. Our government is crooked obviously

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ok. I am an REC customer. Not naming the name. There price is similar to the investor owned. Same price per kw and roughly same bullshit fee's. What pisses me off is the REC is "non profit ". But my bill is the same as investor owned utilities that are making money and paying share holders. REC bills should be significantly less.

Do you know why REC's don't go to the PSC? They don't have to, there bills are not regulated by PSC. They can do what they want. Sorry to get off topic. Our government is crooked obviously
I agree with this. My belief is nobody but the upper tear..CEO/executives of any companies including the people running the REC and including politicians benefit. This is kind of way off topic but it no different then a non profit hospital for example. They just find ways to spend the money instead of lowering your bill. But that's also no different the as an example MDU let's say they did the "right thing" which would be to make decisions for the consumer to offer the best prices....why would they they are there to make as much money for the company as they can. So on one hand REC just spends the money to not lower your bill the corporate side makes poor decisions and costs the consumer the same..shit deal for the consumer all the way around.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not yelling, I respect other people's opinions even if I may not agree.
I could sit down and have a beer with woodduck tonight and have no hard feelings.
Agree. And I don't think we have differing opinions. Pretty much the same complaint, just debating with different examples

NodakBob

Honored Member
The IOU companies are located in more densely populated areas...with a customer every 100' or less compared to every mile for REC. perhaps that makes a difference in operation, maintenance and capital improvements costs....admin might not vary much tho...

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am guessing REC may cost more to operate but I am also sure there executives are compensated fairly well up to and including using whatever profits are left for bonuses so the are non profit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88